Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've been on here. I've been working at home and were told that internet usage would be monitored, so I stayed off of anything not relevant to work. However, I've gotten super busy with freelancing, so I have both my Macs set up side by side. It's a little nutty!

So, how is everyone doing? Are you still healthy? Has anyone on here come down with the Coronavirus?

Things here are going alright: still healthy and still working but was temporarily laid off, so this is my last week of full time employment for who knows how long. I have my freelancing and have a major project underway with that. So, I'll be doing that, spring cleaning the house and working in the yard. Taking the dogs for a few more walks, and BF is excited to get in the garden with me, so we're planting some stuff this year.

Still healthy over here, although I've had a cough since the last time I was really sick a little more than a year ago, and am now really aware of that cough! No Coronavirus here, and I don't directly know anyone who has it. The only people I've been spending any amount of time with are my folks and BF. My new coworkers (ahem, the dogs) are very busy during the day: many naps are had, Lily moves around from napping spot to napping spot, and she does a lot of loud snoring; Dakota plunks himself on the chesterfield and stays put.

That's about it from this end of the line. Oh, who all has watched Tiger King?!? 馃惎馃惎

Registered
No Tiger King, watching the final season now of The Sopranos with daughter #2. She鈥檚 a NYC refugee, been home since late February.

I鈥檓 doing remote teaching and, since I鈥檓 the yearbook advisor at the high school where I teach, I鈥檓 working a lot to finish it, mostly by myself.

It鈥檚 been like survivor here with all of us in the house, or maybe group therapy. Lots of tears and yelling at the beginning, mostly from my son, the angry young man. With 5 adults in the house, someone鈥檚 annoyed with someone most every day. I鈥檓 just trying to focus on work, exercise, and gratitude. Everyday we鈥檙e still alive is a good one, yes? :)
But I sure wouldn鈥檛 mind a nice, romantic candlelight dinner at a lovely little restaurant where I get to put on makeup and a nice dress. Sigh.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
@ConanHub, I dig the beard, but I dug beards before beards were cool!

@The Outlaw, thank-you for being an essential front line worker; your efforts help us all, and people like you are very much appreciated. Just be careful and take care! I鈥檓 sorry about your coworker鈥檚 Dad.

@blahfridge, good for you for keeping busy during this time, and that鈥檚 great that you鈥檙e still teaching remotely. And keep up that positive attitude! :) I hear you about putting on makeup and a nice dress. I haven鈥檛 done makeup or my hair in weeks. My boyfriend鈥檚 parents popped by for a quick visit from a distance and to pick up some bday cake I had made their son. His Dad said that I looked 鈥渆xquisite鈥, to which I laughed and called him a liar. :-D

@frusdil, glad all is well, and that everyone is home and healthy!

And, my little shih tzu girl is snoring again, so loudly; this is going to be an earplug night for Mama, I think! Does anyone remember that episode of the Flintstones where Fred was snoring so heavily that the walls were moving in and out with his breathing? Yeah, that鈥檚 what we have going on here!

Premium Member
And, my little shih tzu girl is snoring again, so loudly; this is going to be an earplug night for Mama, I think! Does anyone remember that episode of the Flintstones where Fred was snoring so heavily that the walls were moving in and out with his breathing? Yeah, that鈥檚 what we have going on here!
I sympathize, two english bulldogs share my home ... professional snorers (and gas-passers).

I'm doing fine, although I miss seeing my daughter, she works in a hospital and is afraid of making me sick because I'm older. I really miss her great hugs.

No Tiger King for me but I am in the middle of the new season of Bosch (on Amazon) ... it's a great show.

Administrator
Doing ok here. Just trying to get all the spring stuff done like spring cleaning, yard work, etc.

A little bored 'cause I cannot really go anywhere... well except to walk the dog.

Registered
Hey sweetheart, great to see you post.

The bat-cave is healthy. My husband's work has dried up so he's been getting home projects done. His hair is longer and I won't cut it as I know I'll eff it up. It's ridiculous how much he resembles Dave Grohl; mannerisms included! Maybe it's too much time inside, but I'm starting to wonder if they could be related.

I'm still working my arse off, as is my (frickn awesome) team, and mostly from home. Thankfully our staff have been retained, and we're all doing the best we can. The hot guy in my 'office' keeps bringing me coffee and little treats throughout the day too, so that's an added bonus! (yes, I'm talking about Batman).

My bangs are getting long, silver shimmers are making an appearance, so I'm likely to freshen the darkness in coming days. The body isn't moving much; sitting at a desk... then more sitting... and yes, we did succumb to Tiger King.

Registered
Things here are going okay. My hours at work have picked up as the baby boom we get each Spring has finally arrived...for this week anyway. We've been very busy. All those nurses they demanded stay home for the last month are now being begged to come in extra. I'm done with wearing all this PPE though...don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have it but an 8.5 or 12 hour shift wearing an N95 hurts...add in the swat team like face shield and all the extra gowns and ugh. I've never had an after work shower feel as satisfying. LOL

I'm still staying with my BF for now. Things are going well here...we're not getting on each others' nerves so that's good. I think he's starting to get a little depressed about the uncertainty of life right now. He's still working so that's helping a lot though. We're enjoying cooking together and just started Season 4 of The Last Kingdom which we've been waiting for pretty much since we met so we're enjoying that a lot. Things might be a lot worse if we were both not able to work.

I miss my kids. I go by a few times a week and "see" them from across the room. They are doing okay...my senior is depressed somewhat about all that she's missing and I can't blame her there. Her dance studio owner had each of the seniors learn their senior dance and she came by and video taped them from across the street then spliced it all together so they'd at least still have their final dance "together" I was a bit teared up when watching it can't lie. My youngest was supposed to get her license this past weekend so she's depressed about that. I'm just trying to support them as much as I can without exposing them to me and my possible germs. And my sacrifice may have been for nothing as my exH had a firepit last weekend and invited the entire neighborhood. Asshat.

The Governor has extended our lock down until mid May so I don't see all of this ending all that soon. My hospital now has 3 floors of Covid patients...that's a lot for a community hospital. We play a song when we discharge someone home which I enjoy much more than the Code Blue announcements. So far we've discharged 50 patients home. I don't know our death total. That is one statistic they don't announce thankfully.

Registered
I sympathize, two english bulldogs share my home ... professional snorers (and gas-passers).

I'm doing fine, although I miss seeing my daughter, she works in a hospital and is afraid of making me sick because I'm older. I really miss her great hugs.

No Tiger King for me but I am in the middle of the new season of Bosch (on Amazon) ... it's a great show.
Love all bulldogs and eventually want an English. I've been eyeing Bosch but haven't given it a try.

Registered
I鈥檓 still stuck in Ireland 馃嚚馃嚠 . My contract with the department of transport in the UK obliges me to stay around this side of the world for another two months. The project has stopped temporarily which is why I came to Ireland but I鈥檓 still being paid so that鈥檚 the most important thing. 馃槣

Registered
I鈥檓 still stuck in Ireland 馃嚚馃嚠 . My contract with the department of transport in the UK obliges me to stay around this side of the world for another two months. The project has stopped temporarily which is why I came to Ireland but I鈥檓 still being paid so that鈥檚 the most important thing. 馃槣
Similar here in Texas. We are getting paid but nothing to do except get better at cooking. We have been trying to change up our exercise routines because the gyms are closed and with my cooking too much, our weight is creeping skyward. LoL! We did nab a couple of nice bikes and have been doing a little riding.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
@Red Sonja, I might have to check out Bosch, and see what it鈥檚 about. Your daughter is an everyday hero, but I don鈥檛 blame her for not wanting to possibly make you sick. As for the bulldogs: the earplugs I use are the mouldable kind and they work wonders!

@EleGirl, after this week, I鈥檒l be doing the same thing as you: spring cleaning. I鈥檒l only have to worry about freelancing, so no more computer work all day everyday, yay! While I鈥檓 concerned about the temporary layoff, I鈥檓 looking forward to the time off too.

@heartsbeating, thanks and nice to see you too! Crappy about your husband鈥檚 work, but I guess now is a great time to check off those home-based projects. Dave Grohl, hey? I had to look him up, and I stared at him for a few minutes. He鈥檚 easy on the eyes! Great news that you鈥檙e still working, and are really busy by the sounds of it! And nice that the hot office guy brings you coffee and snacks ;-)

@notmyjamie, I take it that you鈥檙e a nurse? An everyday hero as well. Yes, I can only imagine how hard wearing all that PPE is, not to mention hot probably. I have to agree with your BF that the uncertainty can get a person down for sure; it鈥檚 difficult to keep up the positivity some days. Last Kingdom鈥 I鈥檒l have to check that one out too. I鈥檓 sorry to hear that your kids are going through a tough time, but I can also feel for them. Senior year and getting one鈥檚 license are big deals, and to either miss out on or have to postpone it wouldn鈥檛 be fun at all. Your XH essentially had a party last weekend?! Lordy. And wow, your hospital has 3 floors of Covid patients鈥 that鈥檚 awful. That鈥檚 really awesome that you guys play a song when someone is discharged though.

@Andy1001, I鈥檓 sorry that you鈥檙e stuck in Ireland. If you鈥檙e stuck there for 2 months though鈥 there could be worse places to be stuck. Do you like beer?

@ConanHub, good for you guys both on honing your cooking skills and biking! My weight crept up a couple pounds too, and since I鈥檓 remembering my time on the Camino (and missing it terribly), I joined an app called World Walking, and have been virtually walking the entire Camino Frances. Currently, I鈥檓 in Estella, Spain!

Registered
Hahahaha! It would be cool to have a VR view of Camino while you're walking it.
About the snoring dogs, I often use earplugs because I'm a light sleeper anyway and Mrs. Conan can turn into a cute little lumber Jack at night, LoL! Earplugs are essential. 馃榿 @Ursula

Registered
It's been a while since I've been on here. I've been working at home and were told that internet usage would be monitored, so I stayed off of anything not relevant to work. However, I've gotten super busy with freelancing, so I have both my Macs set up side by side. It's a little nutty!

So, how is everyone doing? Are you still healthy? Has anyone on here come down with the Coronavirus?

Things here are going alright: still healthy and still working but was temporarily laid off, so this is my last week of full time employment for who knows how long. I have my freelancing and have a major project underway with that. So, I'll be doing that, spring cleaning the house and working in the yard. Taking the dogs for a few more walks, and BF is excited to get in the garden with me, so we're planting some stuff this year.

Still healthy over here, although I've had a cough since the last time I was really sick a little more than a year ago, and am now really aware of that cough! No Coronavirus here, and I don't directly know anyone who has it. The only people I've been spending any amount of time with are my folks and BF. My new coworkers (ahem, the dogs) are very busy during the day: many naps are had, Lily moves around from napping spot to napping spot, and she does a lot of loud snoring; Dakota plunks himself on the chesterfield and stays put.

That's about it from this end of the line. Oh, who all has watched Tiger King?!? 馃惎馃惎
I had my personal computer alongside my work computer to do just that when I worked from home. I was part of the COVID layoffs at work, but I'm looking for another remote job. I'm in grad school FT, so been looking for part-time work. I envy you your co-workers, it sure would be nice to have a furry body under my desk again. Good luck with the job search!

I did not watch Tiger King, so all the memes have totally flown over my head. I have yet to unpack my TV, much less reactivate my Netflix account. I don't see that happening any time soon until I figure out where the heck I'm putting it lol.

I'm still working. Essential worker. I'm not wearing any protection. Just maintaining a safe distance from people. My coworker's dad died from COVID 19 about three weeks ago. He was 79. I'm a little lost on Tiger King.
So sorry to hear about your coworker's dad, it must be frightening to be hit so close to home. Stay safe out there!

Things here are going okay. My hours at work have picked up as the baby boom we get each Spring has finally arrived...for this week anyway. We've been very busy. All those nurses they demanded stay home for the last month are now being begged to come in extra. I'm done with wearing all this PPE though...don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have it but an 8.5 or 12 hour shift wearing an N95 hurts...add in the swat team like face shield and all the extra gowns and ugh. I've never had an after work shower feel as satisfying. LOL

I'm still staying with my BF for now. Things are going well here...we're not getting on each others' nerves so that's good. I think he's starting to get a little depressed about the uncertainty of life right now. He's still working so that's helping a lot though. We're enjoying cooking together and just started Season 4 of The Last Kingdom which we've been waiting for pretty much since we met so we're enjoying that a lot. Things might be a lot worse if we were both not able to work.

I miss my kids. I go by a few times a week and "see" them from across the room. They are doing okay...my senior is depressed somewhat about all that she's missing and I can't blame her there. Her dance studio owner had each of the seniors learn their senior dance and she came by and video taped them from across the street then spliced it all together so they'd at least still have their final dance "together" I was a bit teared up when watching it can't lie. My youngest was supposed to get her license this past weekend so she's depressed about that. I'm just trying to support them as much as I can without exposing them to me and my possible germs. And my sacrifice may have been for nothing as my exH had a firepit last weekend and invited the entire neighborhood. Asshat.

The Governor has extended our lock down until mid May so I don't see all of this ending all that soon. My hospital now has 3 floors of Covid patients...that's a lot for a community hospital. We play a song when we discharge someone home which I enjoy much more than the Code Blue announcements. So far we've discharged 50 patients home. I don't know our death total. That is one statistic they don't announce thankfully.
Thank you for your sacrifice and hard work! I hope you're not getting run down with the additional worry. Take care of yourself, darling.

Registered
Is your family with you at least??? I hope so!
Oh yes they are with me. I wouldn鈥檛 have taken the contract if my wife didn鈥檛 want to live in Europe, I did enough traveling alone when I was younger to last a lifetime.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts