Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Seriously, why the hell are you staying with this man? Care to answer THAT???

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
It’s been going on for as long as we been dating. In the beginning, he did see a message of me talking to a ex, and I fixed that as soon as he brought that to my attention. At that point he had already had my passcode to my phone. But me not having anything to hide, I never changed my passcode. But never new he had access to my email. To make a long story short. He has went through all my old phones and messengers. At this point this man knows just about everything about me. And he doesn’t have a issue with constantly telling me, he knows everything. This pisses me off, because he totally invaded my privacy. As humans, we pick and choose the things we want to share with one another. Therefore, don’t take it upon yourself to invade someone privacy, then say this doesn’t change how I feel about you. I just wanted to know, so I don’t make the same mistakes your ex made. That’s complete bs. In the back of your head you going to always be worried about what that person is doing when you have a little spat..
You're only dating and he's already doing this? Oh my...nope.

My husband can look at my phone/email any time he likes, but my boyfriend? Hell no! A boyfriend is not a husband and doesn't get the same privileges imo.

If my husband felt he had to go looking through my messages, I'd be quite devastated that he'd think I'd be up to something to be honest.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I expect he lost trust in you when he found you conversing with your ex. Depending on what he found at that point, and whether you initially denied it, could have a bearing on his behavior. If the story is exactly as you say then I'd say he has some serious baggage and it might be better just to move on. If there was more to the "conversing with the ex" then he should probably move on. End result is the same.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
I expect he lost trust in you when he found you conversing with your ex. Depending on what he found at that point, and whether you initially denied it, could have a bearing on his behavior. If the story is exactly as you say then I'd say he has some serious baggage and it might be better just to move on. If there was more to the "conversing with the ex" then he should probably move on. End result is the same.
yeah, the denials are really annoying and engender more distrust.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts