Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm going to get married soon, me and my girlfriend didn't have sex yet, we agreed to to do it after getting married, I'm 22 btw, anyway, what are the methods besides condoms to prevent her from getting pregnant? some people said 3 days before her period or some stuff like that, and honestly I didn't get it.
so please since you people are married so you know better
I'll appreciate any help.
Thanks

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
Get a vasectomy...

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
Separate bedrooms ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Condoms worked great for us.

I don't like the birth control methods for women. They have extra hormones in them and other ingredients I would not want to put into my body that may cause cancer later in life.

We used condoms for the last 9 years before my husband got the big V. They worked well for us.

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
Vasectomies are permanent. They don't want to have a family NOW
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
70 Posts
Its more complicated than there simply being a safe day.

If you are against artificial contraception (i.e. religious reasons) the method typically taught is called "natural family planning". See the below link. Classes are offered in it and I am told it' s complicated enough that the classes help and are often offer by the Catholic Church for free.

Although Catholic, I have never used it.

Natural Family Planning -- FamilyDoctor.org

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Tell her to keep track of her temperatures every morning, before she gets out of bed. That is basal body temperature. She needs to do it every morning so she knows when she is likely to ovulate. Get a basal body thermometer. She will have to chart her temperatures everyday so she will know the pattern, and if/when she ovulates. Honestly, even this is only a guide. There really is no "safe" time in the cycle. One woman I know got pregnant right after her period ended. Weird, I know. But it happens. If she doesn't want to use pills or shots or IUDs, then plan to use condoms. Nothing is foolproof, though. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Tell her to keep track of her temperatures every morning, before she gets out of bed. That is basal body temperature. She needs to do it every morning so she knows when she is likely to ovulate. Get a basal body thermometer. She will have to chart her temperatures everyday so she will know the pattern, and if/when she ovulates. Honestly, even this is only a guide. There really is no "safe" time in the cycle. One woman I know got pregnant right after her period ended. Weird, I know. But it happens. If she doesn't want to use pills or shots or IUDs, then plan to use condoms. Nothing is foolproof, though. Keep that in mind.
:iagree:
If you think you may want kids then forget the vasectomy.
Birth control for her, condom for you and the above, at the same time.
all three may keep it from happening, but like maricha said, Nothing is fool proof....well except, abstinence.

·
Banned
1,168 Posts
I'm only 22... I'm planning on kids but now right now :D
Freeze some sperm and then get a Vasectomy then..This way you control your own DNA...and there will be NO surprises!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Freeze some sperm and then get a Vasectomy then..This way you control your own DNA...and there will be NO surprises!
Yes, this is by far the most cost effective method.....not.

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
I hope that is a joke.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.