Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question, likely not having a simple answer. I am seeking to increase the length of time it takes for me to orgasm from PiV sex. I'm not a two pump chump, but typically I can only last a couple of minutes max (and sadly less sometimes) if I start pounding hard, which sometimes we both like.

I've tried the ole 'think about baseball or taxes' stuff, but it helps very little, if at all. I am considering trying a numbing cream, but would rather not if there is a better solution as I have tried numbing reams in the past and while they do work, they also kill a lot of the sensation of sex as well.

I'd to be able to last at least 5+ minutes. I want to give my fiancee more than I feel I am giving her and I'd like it to last longer for me too. PiV is my favorite position by far, so finding a way to make it last longer would be great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Male kegel exercises helped me in this area. Simply flex the muscle that makes you stop peeing. Flex, hold for 5 seconds and release. I usually did about 3 sets of 25 a day and I noticed a difference withing 2-3 weeks.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much of a difference? Any idea on how it helped you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My husband has the same problem. I went to lovers lane and bought numbing cream, it was about $13 for a medium sized bottle. I rubbed a little amount on his d1ck and put a condom on him because you wont be able to feel a thing for about 30 mins. Try that.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may try a numbing cream if all else fails, but the problem with this is just what you said. You won't feel a thing. I want to feel sex.

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
Well, if you're really slapping things together and you both like it, it's no surprise that you can't last as long as you might like. Most guys don't last more than 5 minutes with intense uninterrupted stimulation anyway.

If it feels too good, there are only two choices. Stop doing it or reduce your sensitivity. Option one is what you're trying to avoid, and option two reduces your enjoyment. I think you're going to have to pick the lesser of two evils.

While masturbating a couple of hours before sex might help you last longer, my observation is that it also takes away no small part of the enjoyment. Not so much as a cream, but enough that you wouldn't want to do it every time.

I don't think there's an easy answer that meets all of your criteria. I do notice that you don't mention a particular position, so that might be a possibility. My wife only enjoys PIV, so I've had to find ways to get around the same problem. I have found her on top slows me down a lot. Get her close by any means necessary, switch to your favorite position, and go like gangbusters.

Reactions: SpinDaddy

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Her on top make me go just as fast as me on top. I actually found it odd that people said otherwise around here when i first came here.

I go quickly from behind as well, but it doesn't feel nearly as good for me (the orgasm I mean) so I just keep going in that position. Oral meanwhile I bet I could hold off forever without oragsming, even though she is very skilled at it. Maybe it's a texture thing?

Does anyone else have that issue, where they can go very quickly from PiV sex, but not oral, or vice versa? If so, is it a stimulus thing or is it a mental thing in your opinion?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just bought myself a flehslight flight. If you can last 5 minutes in that thing you can last an hour with her, lol. I would recommend it GREATLY for "stamina" training.

·
Registered
314 Posts
kingsfan: Try masturbation. Rather than doing it before sex as a way of reducing your sensitivity for round two, use as a way of training your body. Practice masturbating until you are about to come. Then stop, wait for a bit. Then start masturbating again until you are about to come, stop, and wait a bit. Repeat this for a good twenty minutes or more before you let yourself come. Do it a couple of times a week for a while. It should increase the period you can go before orgasming and train your body to spend more time in the plateau stage of arousal, which is where you need to be to last. FWIW, I have tried kegels and they made no difference at all.
Highly recommend this. Worked well for me

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kingsfan: Try masturbation. Rather than doing it before sex as a way of reducing your sensitivity for round two, use as a way of training your body. Practice masturbating until you are about to come. Then stop, wait for a bit. Then start masturbating again until you are about to come, stop, and wait a bit. Repeat this for a good twenty minutes or more before you let yourself come. Do it a couple of times a week for a while. It should increase the period you can go before orgasming and train your body to spend more time in the plateau stage of arousal, which is where you need to be to last. FWIW, I have tried kegels and they made no difference at all.
Highly recommend this. Worked well for me
How much improvement did you see as a result of this?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Her on top make me go just as fast as me on top. I actually found it odd that people said otherwise around here when i first came here.

I go quickly from behind as well, but it doesn't feel nearly as good for me (the orgasm I mean) so I just keep going in that position. Oral meanwhile I bet I could hold off forever without oragsming, even though she is very skilled at it. Maybe it's a texture thing?

Does anyone else have that issue, where they can go very quickly from PiV sex, but not oral, or vice versa? If so, is it a stimulus thing or is it a mental thing in your opinion?
Sorry to disagree, but her on top really really delays me... that said, if we can get to the payoff that way, it's really nice.

Agree on the oral- for me it's mental. I take forever because I can't believe she really wants me to finish in her mouth. She's learned to tell me while she's doing it... That seems to take down that mental barrier...

·
Registered
314 Posts
How much improvement did you see as a result of this?
I can't really answer because it's something I've done forever.

Our time together is usually 30 to 60 minutes. Friday night was nearly two hours.

The downside is that "quickies" are difficult as hell for me... Not impossibe, but require serious concentration.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It seems that I can last forever with her on top - and she gets a lot out of it too.

But I see that you said that does not work for you. The mental imaging stuff is crap because who wants to be distracting themselves with thoughts of doing the taxes? Can you keep it up and keep going? Or maybe if you did come and then you took a break to pleasure her and then came back to the piv.

It's good to see you concerned about her enjoying herself. And it's good to see someone like myself who likes the process as much as or more than the finish.

I wouldn't try the numbing creams though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I may try a numbing cream if all else fails, but the problem with this is just what you said. You won't feel a thing. I want to feel sex.
The issue is not to use too much. A single drop rubbed into the
most sensitive spots is enough - ya gotta experiment.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It seems that I can last forever with her on top - and she gets a lot out of it too.

But I see that you said that does not work for you. The mental imaging stuff is crap because who wants to be distracting themselves with thoughts of doing the taxes? Can you keep it up and keep going? Or maybe if you did come and then you took a break to pleasure her and then came back to the piv.

It's good to see you concerned about her enjoying herself. And it's good to see someone like myself who likes the process as much as or more than the finish.

I wouldn't try the numbing creams though.
I used to be able to keep it up after I went, but the last year or so (I'm 35 now) I've found it hit and miss if I stay up or not. I'm guessing it has to do with age, but I am also working on losing weight and hoping that as my weight drops this will maybe go away. I've dropped 22 pounds from my heaviest point and it has helped.

When you say pleasuring her after I cum, what do you mean specifically? One thing I won't do is oral on her after I have started PiV. I just can't. And for that matter, she's not into oral on her (I haven't gone down on her in about 3 years, and I haven't gone down on her while she's sober in about 5 years), so I know me asking to give her oral will not go over well if I've already been down there.

Is there something else you are referring to? Such as a different position or something of that nature?

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
You want to enjoy yourself fully too. So don't use cream. Don't think of baseball either.

What you need to do is start to recognize the "point of no return". Try to recognize when you are just about to get there. Then STOP for a while. You can stay inside - but tell your wife not to squeeze (because if her muscles are strong that will send you over the edge).
Enjoy the feeling... BOTH of you - but wait until you're off the threshold. Then start again.

Remember, you're both there - so help each other. It will take practice - that's the good news. Practice is fun. And for your wife - spend more time on foreplay. It's win/win.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The issue is not to use too much. A single drop rubbed into the
most sensitive spots is enough - ya gotta experiment.
I have used them before and would go there if I have too, but regardless of the amount I used (and I did experiment a fair bit) it just left me very numb and unable to fully enjoy sex.

·
Banned
5,485 Posts
I used to be able to keep it up after I went, but the last year or so (I'm 35 now) I've found it hit and miss if I stay up or not.
Your testosterone is dropping. The best way to deal with this at your age is to start working out 3X per week using heavy compound movements: leg press/squat, dead lift, decline bench press, overhead press, compound row, chins, dips. These raise testosterone. Even better, upping sleep to 9 or more hours will increase it even higher and cause you to lose fat easier.

I'm guessing it has to do with age, but I am also working on losing weight and hoping that as my weight drops this will maybe go away. I've dropped 22 pounds from my heaviest point and it has helped.
Excess body fat raises estrogen and suppresses testosterone. Elevated estrogen makes you fatter. It's a feedback loop. The fatter you are, the more estrogen you make and the more estrogen, the fatter you are. Which all makes for lower T. The more testosterone, the lower the fat, and the harder the d1ck.

Frequency is the key. Start laying pipe everyday and you'll see your time in the saddle will start getting longer and longer.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Your testosterone is dropping. The best way to deal with this at your age is to start working out 3X per week using heavy compound movements: leg press/squat, dead lift, decline bench press, overhead press, compound row, chins, dips. These raise testosterone. Even better, upping sleep to 9 or more hours will increase it even higher and cause you to lose fat easier.

Excess body fat raises estrogen and suppresses testosterone. Elevated estrogen makes you fatter. It's a feedback loop. The fatter you are, the more estrogen you make and the more estrogen, the fatter you are. Which all makes for lower T. The more testosterone, the lower the fat, and the harder the d1ck.

Frequency is the key. Start laying pipe everyday and you'll see your time in the saddle will start getting longer and longer.
Yeah, I knew about the estrogen thing. I'm aiming to get down another 10 lbs. or so, and then starting to really hot the weights. Don't have the option right this moment due to a second job but that should be ending soon and give me more free time.

Regarding the bolded, if that was even an option I doubt I would have ever found my way to TAM to begin with.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.