Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have been married close to 4 years now. He and I were good friends before we decided to get married. But after we got married, things were different. both of us wantd different things from each other.
He considers me to the only person in his life & wants me to regard him as the only person in my life. He is the main person in my life, but I give importance to my parents as well. He hates it that I am close to my parents (I talk to them about 10 minutes per day). due to this, he has come to hate my parents & nevertakes me to my parenst house. In the past we have had several fights due to this. Fights always end with him telling me to avoid any contact with my parents. I agree to him. after sometime, he tells me its okay for me to contact my parents & we get back to normal.
Last weekend, we went to my parents house to spend 2 days. Everything was going good. At night, he and I were planning for our next trip. I wanted a trekking trip & I was insisting on it. He had initially agreed, but then suddenly said "no trekking trips, I have gone on many trekking trips & dont want to go on any more". I said that I was still interested in a trek trip as I have never gone on one. He said NO, so I kept quite. Later we were checking some other trip details we saw one where people we walking on a Swing bridge. I teased him saying that he would be afraid to even walk on that bridge. He said nothing & looked angrily. I tried to talk to him about other things, but he wasnt replying & insisted that he wasnt angry. so I went to sleep.

Next morning, I woke up early & was in the TV room, talking to my parents. He suddenly came & said he was leaving. I told him I wud come too, he told me If I came home with him, he would leave from there too. But still I tagged along with him & went home. after we reached home he said that either he or I cud stay at home. As he doesnt know anyone in the city, I left hom e& went to my parents house. when I messaged to ask him why he was doing this, he replied saying that he needs some space & when he cools off he will decide what we would do next & that if I tried to message him again, he would start breaking thins & finally his head.
I am trying to contact him, but he is not replying to my mails or every taking my calls.

I dont even know what has made him angry. He is not talking at all or letting me home.
I remember once he told me that i shouldnt get out of bed before him when we are at my parents house, but this time I had got out of bed before him.
I dont know If he is angry that I got out of bed before him or becaus eI teased him about the trip.

I am very worried about him...What can I do? How do I get him to talk to me?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I think there's more going on here.

He dislikes (hates) your contact with your parents but you only talk to them 10 minutes a day?

And then you both go and spend two days with them?

You were "insisting" on a trek trip, as opposed to discussing one?

Sounds like there were an accumulation of things that happened before and these were just the straws that broke the camel's back.

However, breaking things (including his head)? Sounds like he needs some professional help.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
I think there's more going on here.

He dislikes (hates) your contact with your parents but you only talk to them 10 minutes a day?

And then you both go and spend two days with them?

You were "insisting" on a trek trip, as opposed to discussing one?

Sounds like there were an accumulation of things that happened before and these were just the straws that broke the camel's back.

However, breaking things (including his head)? Sounds like he needs some professional help.
Sounds to me like they both could benefit. They have a lot of incompatibility and control issues going on here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.