Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We were watching this youtube video about the Dyson airbrush thingy. Man, it's expensive like $500. My wife has long silky black hair and looks hot. She looks hot in curls too ( mentioned that to her). She then snuggled up against me. She told me she would wear curls but it's so much work.

I then proceed to say "Well ill buy the curler for you this Christmas and do your hair every morning you want curls." LOL

Well, she laughed, turned off the TV. I'll say- it was a long, good, night......

I say that because:
I hit on her three love languages all in one shot! Service, gifts, and praise. She felt really happy :)

·
Premium Member
17,560 Posts
Yep, buy it, and roll the hair and the dice, son.

Reactions: Deepsouthdude

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha Diana truth be told though. My wife really likes service. Coffee in the morning. Breakfast when I'm healthy enough. Dinner on a rare day. I see people reading about not getting sex it baffles me. I'm quite ill, but I try my darndest to help here and there. She doesn't ask I just do. One of the things I found out with trial and error and counseling (lol) is that my wife likes private praise and service. So I walk any and whisper praise I her ear or tell her how sext she is and desirable and my appreciation of her (and some other np18 stuff;). Ill hobble from the kitchen with a cup of chai and then tell her she gorgeous at her desk in the morning. I don't expect anything from it.. She tells me she appreciates it. It went from getting physically intimate once a month 2 or 3 times a week. Just gotta learn your women I guess. I don't do it to manipulate. I dot it because Im in love with her.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Crazy price for something that probably actually costs very little to make.
Dyson, for whatever reason, has the BEST ENGINEERING DESIGN.
are the materials special? no
Does the device work perfectly, do the job, look great, and ergonomically be easy to use? YESSSSS!

we have their hair dryer, and their cordless vacuum Outsize Absolute. both are amazingly good products. Nothing else even comes close.

Can you live with the competitor's products at half the price? sure.
but life is too short to skinflint on stuff you are going to use every day!

·
Registered
14,559 Posts
Haha Diana truth be told though. My wife really likes service. Coffee in the morning. Breakfast when I'm healthy enough. Dinner on a rare day. I see people reading about not getting sex it baffles me. I'm quite ill, but I try my darndest to help here and there. She doesn't ask I just do. One of the things I found out with trial and error and counseling (lol) is that my wife likes private praise and service. So I walk any and whisper praise I her ear or tell her how sext she is and desirable and my appreciation of her (and some other np18 stuff;). Ill hobble from the kitchen with a cup of chai and then tell her she gorgeous at her desk in the morning. I don't expect anything from it.. She tells me she appreciates it. It went from getting physically intimate once a month 2 or 3 times a week. Just gotta learn your women I guess. I don't do it to manipulate. I dot it because Im in love with her.
Good for you.👍

·
Registered
14,559 Posts
Dyson, for whatever reason, has the BEST ENGINEERING DESIGN.
are the materials special? no
Does the device work perfectly, do the job, look great, and ergonomically be easy to use? YESSSSS!

we have their hair dryer, and their cordless vacuum Outsize Absolute. both are amazingly good products. Nothing else even comes close.

Can you live with the competitor's products at half the price? sure.
but life is too short to skinflint on stuff you are going to use every day!
I bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner when the company was very new several decades ago. Wasn't impressed and it didn't last long but I expect they have improved a lot since then.
However it's a British company so I am supportive. Lol.
I wouldn't spend $500 on a curler though. Pretty sure I could get a good one for far less.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought a Dyson vaccum in 2011. Its sucking as hard as it did the day we bought it. It's so easy to clean, and the parts are user swappable. But it was like after rev 3.

Everyone who's has this curler loves it. A local hair stylist told me, she loves the brush part. She couldn't live without after a year out. So it seems to have the same sentiment.

But yeah. I'm not really worried about the sex part. At least not at this stage. I'm just looking to bond with my wife just a lil deeper :) but I guess that's the point isn't?

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Shh. Don't tell people that. LOL. This board always talks about doing things never gets you sex. But if your SO's love language is service it does. Now if you are making covert contracts. I'll do dishes and then get sex. No. But if you are doing it out of love then the love is reciprocated.

My hubby brings me coffee and he gets more sex each week than he can handle. It's about how you show love and how they HEAR love. So many think well I go to work so that's love. And that certainly is a way to show love but it's just a start for many. Attitude counts as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Shh. Don't tell people that. LOL. This board always talks about doing things never gets you sex. But if your SO's love language is service it does. Now if you are making covert contracts. I'll do dishes and then get sex. No. But if you are doing it out of love then the love is reciprocated.

My hubby brings me coffee and he gets more sex each week than he can handle. It's about how you show love and how they HEAR love. So many think well I go to work so that's love. And that certainly is a way to show love but it's just a start for many. Attitude counts as well.

I don't expect it. I really believe that love is not self-seeking. I know a lot of male friends try to leverage service as well to get sex and that's doesn't work. That's forceful servitude to me. When I say I love you, I don't expect it back. When I say I think your pretty I really mean it, with no strings attached.

After My RA, and we decided to reboot and make it work, I confided in an old mentor. He told me "The way to a woman's heart is not her by being her ideal man (oftentimes they don't know what they really need or want, and it can change). It's about understanding the way her mind works. See how her mind ticks, then you will see how her heart beats, then you can be a fulfilling life partner." I made the excuse of I am trying and can't figure it out. He told me that I wouldn't be able to see her If I was too stuck on myself. Had to ditch my ego to build real-self esteem.

It's been my mantra for the last 7 years. We'd have more sex if I was healthy lol. I just wish I had figured this stuff when we were first married.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts