Talk About Marriage banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Makes no sense too me. Why stay?
It doesn't make sense to us either. He says the dynamics of the things they have, like house, toys, land and so on., she pays the bills, as all extra is up to her where is spent! They both make good money with a house payment under $1000 a month. They live paycheck to paycheck and I do his math. Should have at least $4000 a month left over after bills, food and such. Again, we don't get it!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Both 59 married 36 years 2-3 times per week....if on vacation.....daily. What is it about women and being on vacation? Ladies chime in.
we had five times in eight days on latest vacation. That never happens at home. Vegas last October? Four times in four days. My theory is that being away from home, away from the routine, no dishes, no laundry, no work to worry about, leads to more fun. Just a theory based on three decades of research.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
we had five times in eight days on latest vacation. That never happens at home. Vegas last October? Four times in four days. My theory is that being away from home, away from the routine, no dishes, no laundry, no work to worry about, leads to more fun. Just a theory based on three decades of research.
Hotel sex is always the best sex in my opinion. No worries and other stuff as you point out.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I divorced my ex largely due to lack of sex. I stayed too long as it was. I know that as difficult as divorce can be, it's better than a sexless (and sometimes loveless) marriage. I will no longer be in a sexless (or sexually starved) relationship. I would rather be single and have some control over the opportunity to have sex more often than to be denied and lack hope.

Fortunately, my wife and I love sex, and love each other, so we have sex at least 4x a week - which is a lot less than it was for the first 15 years. For context, we're mid-60s and have been together 22 years.

Reactions: ShatteredKat

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
The wife is always worried the people in adjacent room will hear us. My response is who gives a ****. We are much more rambunctious at our home.
One night a few years ago in Louisville that happened when my wife got vocal. The people in the hallway started giggling.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Married 17 years, 2x a week is about what we do. I can't remember going more than a week without, and can't remember doing it on consecutive days either. We are lucky, our sex drives are spot on the same (at least I think they are....maybe hope is a better word). We have been picking up day time quickies though, but I don't really count those.
I am with you on this, my wife and I are pretty much on the same page. I am a bit more horny than my wife, but she will pleasure me in any way to keep my eyeballs in their sockets. But in general, she is game and seems to be pleased 3-4 times a week. We are in our 50's.
And who ever mentioned vacations, it's at least once a day and continues for the 12 - 14 days on vacation.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I am with you on this, my wife and I are pretty much on the same page. I am a bit more horny than my wife, but she will pleasure me in any way to keep my eyeballs in their sockets. But in general, she is game and seems to be pleased 3-4 times a week. We are in our 50's.
And who ever mentioned vacations, it's at least once a day and continues for the 12 - 14 days on vacation.
For sure, vacations are at least once a day, but then again, that's pretty much the reason we go on vacations (without the kids that is). More power to your wife being in her 50's going 3-4x week. Let me ask you, did menopause slow her down at all? I'm hearing mixed feelings about it, some women seem to be more horny and others seem to have lost their drive altogether.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts