Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 71 Posts
im 34
husband 33
together 22 years
4 kids---16yr & 9 yr old triplets

we average 2/3/4 days with sex [weather its oral or PIV]. but it can get to be 5 days and im like dude...its been 5 days....it can be 6 days or 7...i recall one time it was 2 weeks...neither of us noticed.

everybody has a "normal". thats our normal. we talked about this "normal", and decided to have a "new normal", in which neither of us would let "X" amount of days go by and not notice.

nothing is "normal" or "right" when it comes to sex in relationships. its just what works for the two people in it.

Reactions: Henri
I often see comments by both men and women who feel put upon - that they are carrying the bulk of the sexual burden in spicing it up etc. I can understand that - but let me also say that there are worse things than having such a hobby. As if figuring out how to shake things up tonight is a tedious and thankless job.
Not to completely disagree with you, but sometimes it can feel like that. Sex is a really important part of a happy marriage (for most people, there are some couples who are fine without sex, or very little sex but they are the minority), but if you are the only one working on it, it can definately feel like a tedious and thankless job.

Reactions: anotherguy
I'm 39
Wife 37
Married for 10 - been together for 17
2 kids: 8 and 6

Like most couples with young children, it can sometimes be difficult. I would say 2 - 3 times a week is the average....one of those being our "dirty sex night" where one of us (we alternate the 'lead' every week) initiates an untried or previously very successful action/role/postition/game to keep things spicy. :smthumbup:

Ages 56 and 52, both had continuous careers and, sex was a contentious topic for most of our 26 year marriage … so we are not “normal”. We went from “like rabbits” to 4-6 times per year after 3 years of marriage (a sudden occurrence). I never did figure out why this happened … husband would not talk about it. :confused:

Both of early 40's. Married for 10 years but have lived together for 19 years. We have kids from Elementary school age to teens. Without revealing what I do - I work part-time to full time depending...

We had a sexless M for about 3-4 years. I lost attraction for him for various reasons, none of them being that I was truly LD. I was planning on leaving. A friend urged me to try counselling or reading books which helped me realize our problems were surmountable. Unfortunately, during this time he decided an A was the solution for him.

We now have sex almost every day. Often twice a day on weekends.

Married almost 27 yrs together for 30
3 kids (21, 19, 14)
Me, 50 her 48
Me- Full time job
Her - Part time
Our overall average is about 1x a week :(
Do get some bursts (few and far in between) where it can be 4x a week.

I'd be THRILLED with 2 or 3x on average

Late 30's
Married 16.5 years
Sex 3-4 times a week (lately maybe 5) - it has varied a bit - never gone a week without, and one year we had sex every day (except a couple of days when ill, and a couple when she went to be with her father as he died.)

We both work, but her only part time (school hours)

I often see comments by both men and women who feel put upon - that they are carrying the bulk of the sexual burden in spicing it up etc. I can understand that - but let me also say that there are worse things than having such a hobby. As if figuring out how to shake things up tonight is a tedious and thankless job.

Yeah - the old 'peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day for your entire life' analogy is apt - but dont let it get to you. 'Crunchy' peanut butter tonight baby! And with HONEY instead of apricot preserves - c'moverhere hunny.
Just wanted to say thanks. I am one of those saying they carry the bulk. But the PB&J gives me an idea .... we do have a jar of fluffernutter in the fridge.

Together 25 yrs, married 22.
Me-45 hubby-49
3x kids - 14, 16, 26.
Intimate 2-4 x a week with 2-3 of those on the weekend, sometimes it's full on sex other times a HJ or a BJ.

We both initiate ...but H more so.

Loves, cuddles and kisses...everyday...several times.

51, W 50... Married 18 years this Dec. both of work full time. Two sons, 11 and 13. Average 3 to 4 times a week. I could go every night, but W gets tired. And, this not just wham bam thank you ma'am either.

Eight years ago it was way less... Difference, stay physically active: Run every morning, swim during lunch hour... Lift weights eat right, limit alcohol consumption, drink lots of water and two cups green tea (old Chinese man told me keeps his wife happy). 5'10" 160 lbs. bp 107/62 and resting HR 48... Wife also keeps an active aerobics routine... Definitely the key as far as we are concerned. :)

Oh yea helps that we cancelled our cable.

Married under 5 years and both in our early 30s with one 3 year old child. Sex 3 times a week. Footjobs during her period, and I count that as sex for me. We schedule it usually late at night after our child is asleep, so I don't have to worry about initiating.

It would be much less if I didn't insist as she said she could do with not having sex at all. That feeling started mostly after our child was born. That's one of the reasons why I'm hesitant to have a second child.

You've been together since age 11? Wow.
Sorry. Me and math are casual friends. We've known each other since he was 11 and I 12, then boyfriend/girlfriend at 12/13.

We just had our 12 year wedding anniversary a month ago. When you've been together over half your life, numbers are just confusing.

41 and 38. Married 18 years, together 20.

About 10-15 times per week except during her period. Then usually once or twice towards the end of her period. Some sort of sexual contact every day for both of us.

H 46
Me 43
Married 24 years. Have had some hurdles along the way..
3 kids still home, 15-20. They have an impact on our sex life as they are home all of the time & we have to be quiet & can't really just sneak off. Compact house with thin walls!
H works from home, I work part time out of the house & part time with him at home.
Frequency - at least every second day, the break is usually for H to recover (these old men). During my period, I will give him 1 or 2 bjs or hjs.
Even when we were at our worst & fighting like cats & dogs, sex was still at least twice a week. (No wonder we have 5 kids). When we were separated 12 years ago we still met for sex.

H 46
Me 43
Married 24 years. Have had some hurdles along the way..
3 kids still home, 15-20. They have an impact on our sex life as they are home all of the time & we have to be quiet & can't really just sneak off

Pah! doesn't stop us, they know we do it and yes it grosses them out that people SO OLD can still be doing it.
Recently, wife and I had gone to bed early and were having one of our bounce around the bedroom long sessions when my wife received a text. Later, when we had finished my wife checked her text, my youngest had returned home while we were otherwise engaged and sent "I can hear you you know"

Compact house with thin walls!
H works from home, I work part time out of the house & part time with him at home.
Frequency - at least every second day, the break is usually for H to recover (these old men). During my period, I will give him 1 or 2 bjs or hjs.

Oi less of your condescending attitude to us old fellers thank you.:)
Even when we were at our worst & fighting like cats & dogs, sex was still at least twice a week. (No wonder we have 5 kids). When we were separated 12 years ago we still met for sex.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.