Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been married for nearly 3 years and my wife and I are on completely different pages when it comes to sex. For clarification, I'm 41 and she's 38. I like sex every other day, or at the very least, every two days... and it doesn't have to be coitus; as long as I blow my load every other day, I'm good. To satisfy my itch, I'll request her "services" and settle for a BJ to finish or HJ, and my wife (sometimes to her chagrin) will oblige that sexual itch. Even better, she lets me give her facials, which provides for an awesome visual.

For my wife, sex is like a special event, where she has to get all cleaned up, wearing lingerie and the works... and she seems to only get horny on the weekends. Every other day during the week, she's too tired and wants to go to bed. If I ever want sex for two consecutive days, she'll say, "You just got it yesterday!" like I should be completely satisfied for a few days.

For me, when I'm horny, I just want to go at it on the spot like a wild animal... and I can have several days in a row of horniness. :p

Just wondering how healthy the sexual appetite is around here and how often you, the members of the TAM forum crave sex.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
For me it flucuates. Sometimes I want it 5x a week, sometimes I can go a week without even noticing. Typically I'd say 2-4X a week is good for me, usually leaning closer to the higher end of that spectrum. Usually we have sex 2-3 times a week lately, but over the past few weeks lifes been rather stressing, so that's dropped somewhat. That's only sex though, as I get almost nothing else in terms of BJ's, HJ's, etc.

As for your situation, been there. Thankfully my fiancee stopped doing that. I remember a time where if we had sex, it was a guarantee that there'd be no sex for at least three more days. I kept asking after two days and she'd turn me down. Finally, one time I asked after two days and she said "Geez man, can't you go more than two days without it" to which I replied can you NOT go more than two days without it?" I think that changed something in her mind because sometimes now we can have sex every second day for a bit. I rather enjoy that.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Married for 8 years here and together for 12.

Id often want to be intimate 4 or 5 times a week ..... more so during the weekends when im much more relaxed. Sucks that she feels differently ...... mostly because of the energy she uses with our 2 little boys !!!

·
Banned
38 Posts
guy, married 13 years, 3 kinds under 6, we are intimate 4-5 times a week, we have gone 2-3 times a day for months, when my wife turned 30, she changed from LD, to HD and it got crazy. To the point that my P**us hurt,but i never stopped. I think about sex couple of times an hour, i am 38, used to be every second. If i didnt have to work at it, i could take it 4 times a day, but now that i am older, 4-5 times a week is good, but soemtime during these times we are at it for 4-5 hours, my wife lets me do everything, i mean everything that i want and vice versa! She sleeps naked and is always wet, i wouldnt trade her for 2, 21 year olds!:D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OP, when you describe it like, "as long as I blow my load I'm happy" and talk about requesting her "services", it doesn't fill me with confidence that she's getting her sexual needs met.
On the contrary, I always ask if there's something I can do for her, but she usually declines stating "I'm tired." When she's giving me "service," I try to get her to hop on so we can 69 and please each other. I've just been chalking it up to her sexual appetite not being as ferocious as mine.

For clarification, when I said "blow my load," it wasn't in reference to being self-centered and getting mine while not caring about her needs.

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
It fluctuates from once every three days to once every two weeks. That is CRAVE sex. Not a mild itch to rub one out with whatever fleshy protuberance is at hand.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Married 17 years,both in our mid-40s and I can drop a load every day. My wife has been much better and we have been having sex twice a week and other stuff twice in between (HJ ). Compared to what it was, I'm a happy camper.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I find it's the opposite of what you may expect. The more I'm having sex the more often I want it. If I go without for a while desire drops.

Sometimes if I'm going to be travelling for work my partner will step up the amount of sex before I leave in an attempt to satiate me for the the time I'll be away. I find the first few days the hardest. It's almost like the increased sex cranked up the production of testosterone.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Once a week is average in my marriage. I read in a book once that the average male's horny cycle is every 72 hours. I agree with that for me at least. Of course sometimes I am excited every day for a week...it comes and goes.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Mentally...I crave sex every single day....
Hormonally I want it at least every other day or 2 .... if we go 3 -4 days (rare), it is really HOT... neither of us like to wait that long....we are more driven by the emotional connection... I try to revive his lust every day ~ if I can. We both admit we are addicted to orgasms. Nothing better in life. We go at it 4-5 times a week - we are mid -to late 40's ...half dozen kids.

We're having more sex in our 40's than ever in our marriage, we have some regrets there. :( I'd like to say we still feel young, hope we can ride this out for another 10 yrs .

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
It's easier to count the instances where I DON'T crave sex. Now, I don't mean that I actually want to have sex constantly, but I crave to want it all the time. except once in awhile, like when I'm tired or all my focus is consumed by something else. I should probably put my mind to use more often I guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I crave sex 3-5 times per week but lately my wife and I hvave been on a 1-2 times a week schefule. I'm 45 my wife is 32 and weve been together 3 years. Up until August we had the best sex life either of us could imagine. It feels like a contol issue with my wife-she'll talk about having sex then say not now, then ts too late ornot in the mood. Maybe this is for another thread...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I don't know how often my wife really wants to have sex. I think I would be good with once a week, her I think wants it more often. The reality is 1-2 times a month.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hmm.... Well considering my age and the bloodline of men I come from (my grandfather was still getting it in at age 80? I think his gf at the time was late 30s?), I'm definitely HD and will probably be like this until I take that dirt nap. Id say I crave it about 3-5 times a day, like ill fantasize about something I want to do or did with my wife. If she's in my prescence then ill check out her out the whole time. She's like to change in front of me and sometimes I just want to tackle her or slam her on the bed, get 'er done right there lol. Now I know my body can handle it max twice a day depending on the period time, at most 3-4 days straight. Wife and I haven't done it back to back since we've been married. Logically I want it once, maybe every other day. Since its my wife though I could go for as much as she can provide. I can't get enough of her and that's what break mes down inside. I've had past lovers that I could go once a week or less and be perfectly fine with that but my wife, something about that woman just makes me want her all the time. Been like this since I met her, still the same when we got married and still the same after this post. I just honestly wish she was open as I was. I have a "no turn down" policy for sex. I will never, no matter how sick, tired, stressed, problems in our lives, EVER turn her down for sex. If I wasn't in the mood, I promise id find a way but that would never happen because she is the way! Just wish she had the same policy for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
Every freakin' day.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.