Talk About Marriage banner
301 - 303 of 303 Posts

· Registered
9,689 Posts
This is not my experience, by what I have heard and what I've been told personally... I've had my marriage, my kids, I don't need to restart from scratch. I guess when your marriage fails you are not particularly keen to start over again, just in case you get hurt again. I'm sure it's me.
ok but you are talking about MARRIAGE.

yes there are likely a lot of people that do not want to deal with remarrying, estate planning, dealing with joining finances and health insurance/life insurance, don’t want to be closely involved with other’s children and family, don’t want to spend the holidays with some other family etc etc etc etc etc etc

BUT they still want to have a fun and entertaining and even romantically/sexually intimate relationship with someone.

And I think @Livvie makes a great point above that the attitudes, agendas and demeanors of married women who have been with the same man for 30+ years is going to be completely different than a single/divorced/widowed woman.

yes, unfortunately if you poll a group of married women who have been with the same man for 35+ years, as a general trend that narrative will probably not sound very sex positive.

However I have the feeling if you asked a group of single women who have just started seeing someone new, some of that narrative will sound like you’re talking to teenage girls.

· Registered
8,140 Posts
ok but you are talking about MARRIAGE.
No, I'm not talking about marriage. I'm saying that I've done all that and I feel I have achieved all there is to achieve in life... of course, apart from a successful marriage. Where I am, the possibilities are very limited and I won't do OLD. Unless I move to a bigger place, I have no chance. And I'm not really interested right now because I'm still nursing my wounds.

301 - 303 of 303 Posts