Talk About Marriage banner

121 - 140 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Depends on what you mean by "hot". If its appearance (which is what I meant when I started this thread), then no. No matter how physically attractive a woman is, I do not want her unless she is interesting. I will take an interesting, average-looking woman over a insanely attractive boring woman any time.

An attractive woman is a nice piece of art - if I were a billionaire, I might scatter a few around my house as decoration, but I don't really want to spend any time with them if they are dull

Even if we are just talking about sex, I'll take a good, interesting lover, or someone beautiful any time.

Every man wants a hot woman. Not everyman can get a hot woman.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
You guys need to pipe down about women and height requirements because you know damn well you do the same thing ... you pass on the amazons (like me) all the time. Sure, I’ve had men tell me they’d like to “climb me like a tree” or "throw them around in bed" but that’s all bravado for their posse, in the end the majority go for the 5’5” and under crowd.

Pot/Kettle much? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
127 Posts
I guess my question is how do men let their partner know they think they are hot?

LOL Because we behave like animals consistently in your presence and especially if we’ve got even a little of your attention. Trying to act cute, dumb, manly, make you laugh and generally being a pervert, plus annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
You guys need to pipe down about women and height requirements because you know damn well you do the same thing ... you pass on the amazons (like me) all the time. Sure, I’ve had men tell me they’d like to “climb me like a tree” or "throw them around in bed" but that’s all bravado for their posse, in the end the majority go for the 5’5” and under crowd.

Pot/Kettle much? <a href="http://talkaboutmarriage.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)" >:)</a>

I’ll take the bait....... I know some very attractive taller women. Long legs, longer arms.... it’s nice. I probably naturally gravitate towards the shorter women 5”0....5”2..... they’re just so darn cute. Having said that height has never entered my mind when thinking about asking out a girl. Not even once, not even a little. Their is som many other things more important.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts

As I said earlier, I was a late bloomer physically. So while I eventually became s six footer, that didn't happen until my senior year... so for a long time, the pool of shorter than me girls was pretty small. I got quite comfortable looking to taller girls for dates. No bravado or trash talk required, just an acceptance of reality.

But now we know you're both exceptional in both brains and height. That's gotta' be a super rare combo. I think most guys who are genuinely up to the task would be pretty impressive specimens. Smaller, but higher quality pool?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Shorter women are more fertile or atleast perceived as more fertile. Evolutionary cue.

I googled that and didn't find anything....
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2002/08/15/national/science-health/short-women-listen-up-size-does-matter/#

Men apparently prefer women of below-average height because they are (subconsciously) perceived as more fertile. The reason is that in our antelope-hunting, savanna-living past, a short woman was more likely to have reached sexual maturity.

“Men still find themselves attracted to women who show the hallmarks of fertility, even if, in the modern day and age, they might not have children with them for many years and perhaps not at all,” said Nettle.

“The psychological mechanisms of attractiveness are vestiges of life under past conditions.”
I think this means that short women reach puberty earlier than tall women so they have a longer window of fertility.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I made a joke about tits earlier in the thread but lets get down to it with these ..... hot women !!!!

In a HEALTHY relationship I think a guy has the hots for his woman even if she is average to other men. It's just one of those basic concepts of attraction (between those two people)

If you surveyed a bunch of married men I bet you would find that the large majority of them are still hot for their wife.

I'm lucky .... my wife really is hot......oh wait ....or is it because I'm looking through my own eyes ?

Who cares because she has what it takes ...... for me.

She's 5'0" ...... and I'm a sucker for the shorties

·
Registered
4,383 Posts

I dated 2 women in the 6' range, which is actually a respectable percentage. The point is I would never list height or weight as a qualifier in a dating profile. Plenty of men list weight, or breast size but those don't bother me. A height preference is a whole different thing from a height requirement. Not that it matters in a practical way, this pot aint available to any kettles.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
How is it using a woman? I'm the guy, so I would pay for the date first of all. Second, what if she's a bit ditsy however, everything else about her is perfect for me? Remember, I'm talking about a first date here. Plenty of men and women have gone on dates with incredibly attractive people only to find they are just not a good fit. But sheesh, some hot person approaches you, yeah, you'll go on that date. Why wouldn't you? What if they are perfect, AND incredibly hot? Well, you end up married to them like I did! Haha
Many men wouldn't go on a date just because some attractive woman approached them. Many are far more choosey.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts

I think its more the case that most men will reject a women who isn't stick thin.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts

I don't think anyone is being negative about it though. At least I know I wasn't. Generally speaking, women aren't in to men who are shorter than they are. I'm sure you could say the same, men aren't into women who are taller than them. However, I believe men care WAY less than women. I don't think it's a negative thing that women want a man who is equal to or taller than her.

Btw, the average height for an American women is just under 5'4" so yeah, most of us end up with a short woman. I've never heard a man say he has a short woman preference.

Edit: I should rephrase. I've never heard a man say a its a deal breaker if they are over 5'4". I have seen men say they like em short. I have seen loads of women say a shorter man than them is a deal breaker. Which is fine. I just don't find many men that see height as a deal breaker. I'm sure they are out there somewhere though.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
I think its more the case that most men will reject a women who isn't stick thin.
Um, maybe in your country. In America we like em "thick" the stick thin woman has been out for a decade or better now.

Btw, you two just built a 5'3" 80 pound woman. Uh, no thanks. That's getting into fetish territory.

·
Super Moderator
11,685 Posts
I think that 6' + thing is not a universal thing for women. Ideal height for me (I'm 5'4 but wear heels all of the time) is 5'9 or 5'10. I'll date shorter up to 5'6-5'7 and taller up to 6'2 but the Goldilocks height is 5'9 ish.
I think it's universal (or at least mostly so) on dating sites as opposed to real life.

Because people are advertising what they're looking for rather than screening, you get a glimpse into what is desirable to that individual.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 303 Posts