Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been going on 2 years where my drive has SKYROCKETED! I'm almost thinking it's a curse. It was great for the first year, but I swear I'm wearing my husband out.

I do not want to be pushy and add more stress to his life. I want to be as respectful as he always has been for me. However, I feel like I'm going to burst out of my own skin. I drop hints and some days I'm more forward. I'm constantly teasing and flirting. I'm wearing revealing clothing as well.

Lets face it, my drive is higher then my husbands and has been for a long time. Before the drive increase, we were considered "normal".

I appreciate the higher drive, but not EVERY SECOND of the day. It's mostly all I think about.:/

How long does this last?

My husband meets every single need of mine and more. We rarely turn each other down, but I do not want him to preform under pressure at all. Maybe in over thinking this and everything is fine?

I am very honest and upfront with my husband. He has enough stress to deal with at work and doesn't need to feel pressured at home. His drive is pretty much average.

·
Premium Member
14,147 Posts
Oh I'mInLoveWithMyHubby.....

All I can say is....I sometimes WISH mine lasted that long....it was only 8 months... Loved it but .....oh it WAS a curse at the same time....I felt like such a burden... I wanted nothing more in life than his drive to be HIGHER than mine. Every candle to blow out with a WISH...that was it!

I guess we're all different. I recall starting to take cholesterol pills around the time my drive took the dive back to normal ... then I stopped them anyhow. But I can't say it's ever come back like that... or ever will.

It has to slow down sometime!!

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
Mine hit at about 28 and lasted until about 34. I am 36 now and still have a strong drive but NOT as it was. Thank god.

I don't know how long yours will last...is your husband complaning?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
I turn 50 next week.... mine is still pretty high, but probably not as high as in my mid-40's. I'm hoping it never drops!!! Luckily H is high too.... we spend at least an hour a day (probably more) either making love, or having wild monkey sex.... so far, so good!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I'm 45, and my drive only increased about two years ago. But, I also had two children later in life, so it may have stalled it a bit. I don't feel it's a curse, I would be happy having sex maybe 4 times a week max. Maybe that's not even high drive. What I do notice is that I enjoy it much more than when I was younger, I feel more free accepting pleasure, and not feeling shy about it, and I'm more open to experimenting with different things. I have to admit though, at 45, after a night of "monkey sex", I almost feel hung over the next day....weird.

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
I am 39. Mine lasted about a year. My husband said that it was a wonderful ride. Sex three times a day, and he got blow jobs almost daily.

Now I am back to normal, we have sex once every other day. I didn't like being high all the time either. My husband always had the energy and time to satisfy me, but it was distracting me from my work.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'm 45, I have always been HD apart from a few years while the boys were babies. These days I'm slightly sex mad.. I'd love some sort of sex-play everyday.... hubby is happy and doing his best to keep up!

I'm happy to stay HD for as long as possible...

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Mine started when I hit about 30, I am 34 now and it hasn't decreased any. I was high drive before that, but now it's all i think about

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I'd always been HD but it dropped significantly when I hit 45.

Don't get me wrong I still loved all things sex I just no longer CRAVED it. I settled down and am into an every other day or so routine.

I'm happier now NOT being such a HD. I prefer to be more normal. As greenpearl said it interferes with life.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mine hit in the middle of turning 39...but I came off BCP permanently then too.

Am now 42 in a couple of months, and it has settled down a little. If anything, now hubby's has gone up!! Or else because mine has slowed a bit, it seems that way.

But having been extremely HD for a long time (and I agree...very distracting) I make a habit of never turning him down, no matter how tired I am, since I know how it feels when you can't get your fix:D

Our marriage was always stable but have to say it became absolutely GREAT once the sex went up significantly. Just seems like we crave each other's company more, even if it's nonsexual. Too bad more people on here don't see the important connection between a regular sex life and happiness in a marriage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
WTF!!! Am I glad she left!!! You girls are talking about "normal" sex drive being 3x a week!! High being 2 or 3x a day......I got robbed for 20 years :mad::mad:

I was trained (yeah I said trained) to think 2-3x a month was normal:(:(

Sounds like better times are coming:smthumbup:.....I'm not going to settle for anything less than 2-3x a week in the next relationship knowing what I know now. Thank you ladies.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really went into HD overdrive in my late 40s (and I was always HD) - WOW, it was incredible, but my poor husband was worn out LOL. He often told me I was worse than an adolescent boy. Now I've hit menopause and I'm not the same person, sexually speaking. So, I say, enjoy the ride as long as it lasts!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Reading stories like this.. gives me and husbands married to LD women hope for the future. My wife is 36, and currently, we are like once every 7-10 days, and that's when i push it. If i don't push for it, its like once every 2 weeks. If my wife transformed like some of you and tried to jump me every other day... THAT WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM!!!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My husbands drive is not as high as mine. I'm very lucky it's average to above average, just not sky high like mine. I'll take what I can get and I'll please him the best I can.

Lets just say its been a great week in this department. :D

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
My wife and I averaged maybe once a month. This thread is depressing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's been going on 2 years where my drive has SKYROCKETED! I'm almost thinking it's a curse. It was great for the first year, but I swear I'm wearing my husband out.

I do not want to be pushy and add more stress to his life. I want to be as respectful as he always has been for me. However, I feel like I'm going to burst out of my own skin. I drop hints and some days I'm more forward. I'm constantly teasing and flirting. I'm wearing revealing clothing as well.

Lets face it, my drive is higher then my husbands and has been for a long time. Before the drive increase, we were considered "normal".

I appreciate the higher drive, but not EVERY SECOND of the day. It's mostly all I think about.:/

How long does this last?

My husband meets every single need of mine and more. We rarely turn each other down, but I do not want him to preform under pressure at all. Maybe in over thinking this and everything is fine?

I am very honest and upfront with my husband. He has enough stress to deal with at work and doesn't need to feel pressured at home. His drive is pretty much average.
Lucky you to have a H that is cooperative! I'm 45 and still 'up there' in drive but I don't have a HD male to take advantage of this with, boo.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'm post-menopause and I am RARIN' TO GO! I have been HD for the last 3 years!

but I don't have a HD male to take advantage of this with, boo.
I'm with you there, lovesong! Left my STBXH earlier in 2012 and have been living without :( ...of course, I was living without good sex (forget GREAT SEX...that's just a distant memory) for YEARS :mad:

I seriously considered dating down in age to make sure I got a guy who was ready, willing and ABLE to perform (I'm gonna be 56yo in a week). We'll see!

Got my eye on someone...if it goes where I think it's going, you can keep an eye out on the nightly news for a GIANT condominium fire in suburban Detroit cuz we'll be burnin the place DOWN! :rofl:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.