Talk About Marriage banner

801 - 820 of 1131 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I dated one guy who was in school at the time studying to be a marine biologist I think. He was very boring to talk to. I don't know if it was because he was real academic or just lacking some personality.
I had a neighbor who was a marine biologist, when he talked about work he was pretty interesting(didn't work w/ clams) but he couldn't talk about anything else.

·
Super Moderator
8,705 Posts
This is why I let people think I am a poor rancher. LOL
Probably a good strategy 😅

My bf doesn't know exactly what I make but he knows what I do and has figured out that its more then him. But he also knows my expenses are much higher.....he has no kids and I'm still supporting a college student and HS senior without help from their father. And I live in a pricy part of town.

But he also knows I have no debt beyond my mortgage and don't hit him up for money and he supports himself.

I adore him and I'm quite comfortable he feels the same way. Neither one of us is very expressive but actions speak 😀

I'm sure I have enough that a broke bum would be interested. LOL.

·
Registered
787 Posts
OMG trini, you've got me dying of laughter. You sure have a way with words. 🤣🤣.
Thanks 😆
I live by if you don't laugh you'll cry, so I try to think of things of things in that perspective. Plus I have the humor of a 13 y/o boy.
Maybe you could have shared a cell.with the ex? LOL
Hmmm...I might actually have got more action as a jailbird... Not a rugmuncher though.
I wonder why, in all of your possibilities, in none of them was the wife cheating. Or the wife was bored. Or she just decided she could take money from him via the courts. I have a friend that was cheating on her husband and she's still the one filing for divorce, plus she wants part of the value of the home that he paid for while he was supporting her. An old friend of the family, his wife was cheating on him with their UPS driver. Dude was delivering package to her house every other day while the husband was at work. She even hit on me at one point. She filed for divorce when she eventually got caught.

Yeah, plenty of guys are screwing up marriages, I get that. But 80% of the time? Or even 70% of the time? That's a little bit harder to believe. It is noted though that no one here is even considering the possibility that the wife can be the one at fault. In two posts you gave several examples of what could be going on, and in all of them, it's bad men.
We were speaking for the skew, not for men. Only men and God knows why men do/don't what they do. Well aware there are despicable women out there.
All he talked about was clams.
Maybe he was getting his courage up to talk about your clam :ROFLMAO: Giggity
We have a restaurant here called the Bearded Clam. Maybe he was making an innuendo.
Mmmhmm

·
Super Moderator
5,542 Posts
Yeah, plenty of guys are screwing up marriages, I get that. But 80% of the time? Or even 70% of the time? That's a little bit harder to believe. It is noted though that no one here is even considering the possibility that the wife can be the one at fault. In two posts you gave several examples of what could be going on, and in all of them, it's bad men.
It's for the same reason the "80% of women file for divorce". When the lead is an exaggerated statement, you'll need to bring the other exaggerated extreme to show why it's not right.

Of course there is a percentage of women who file and we're the ones behaving badly. The point is it's not all of the 80% who file for divorce. I'm going to guess that about half of all divorces are either mutually agreed upon or the husband asks for the split and the woman does the initial filing. The other half are battleground divorces and are split 3 to 2 (woman to man) on who files first.

801 - 820 of 1131 Posts