Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Do not give up.
You guys just need to learn how to argue better and resolve conflict. It seems like you both are trying to accomplish your own goals and nothing gets accomplished and it gets frustrating.
He needs a more supportive approach. More love, more listening. You guys are speaking different languages to each other.

You both need to talk about how you need to work in resolving conflict. So make a plan to reach some advice or books in how to do this. Or maybe seen a therapist for this specific issue.

This is one issue not worth divorcing over. But it does need to be fixed.

I couldn't disagree with this more.

This man does not need a "more supportive approach" with more "love and listening". This advice is as if you are giving coaching lessons to the OP in enabling horrible, unhealthy, immature behaviors.

No, no, and no.

This guy sounds like an *******. No one can make him stop being an ******* but himself. I wonder if there is anything that will make him decide to change his reactions and behaviors. If there isn't, this will be a very unhappy and unhealthy relationship.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If he wants to act like a child, you treat him like one.

If this doesn’t work, cut him off from cash if he just wants to do bare minimum all day.

Make him be an adult, or leave and find someone better.

Do you think your daughter deserves to be treated like you? She will be if you don’t show her better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would love to try counseling. But there’s 2 problems on that, I would never make enough money for it and I’m afraid that he would be too stubborn to go. That’s why I’ve been trying to look up ways to fix things or find people that could help without me having to spend the money I barely have.
Just so you know, The House Next Door does counseling based on income if there is one in your area

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Just so you know, The House Next Door does counseling based on income if there is one in your area
The OP didn't like the answers she got so she didn't come back. Needing counseling is the least of her problems. She needs a divorce attorney.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I
I’m afraid if we do end of ending it my daughter might get harmed.
Speaking as the child from a bad marriage, your child is already being HARMED! All of the negative, unfriendly, mean actions of the parents have a DEVASTATING impact upon your children but the child can't show that to you 'cos they are still too little and innocent and don't have the words yet. Fighting parents deeply injure their defenseless children even if the fighting parents cannot or will not SEE THAT!
I had a much happier and safer life AFTER my dad left us to go away & do whatever made him happy. There is nothing quite so damaging to any child as two unhappy parents! That's been my childhood experience!
But I’m not happy at all, but I also want to try to fix it. But I don’t know how. Is there any advice anyone has? Should I just give up? Or is there other ways? I will say this has been going on for over a year now.
I'd say do whatever is best for your dependent child. Once you begin seeing this from your defenseless child's perspective, it will be glaringly obvious what need to be done and then you will LEARN HOW to deal with things.

Attachments

21 - 25 of 25 Posts