Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
doesn't really sound like the concussion is a factor considering she's left 3x in the past(before concussion)...

Your wife sounds somewhat familiar to mine. I was always placing the blame on mental illness/depression/trauma from past but in reality it was just her losing attraction to me/failing to maintain the spark and her eventually cheating.

Does your wife have any trauma in her past?
I am not sure. I was trying to figure out what could’ve happened this time of year that triggers her. One min she is super nice to me and the next she is cranky and wants me to sign papers. I don’t know if it’s seasonal depression or what because it’s the same pattern as it’s been in the past. Our sex life was great and I didn’t see any signs of cheating were always together or doing sports with our daughter. I hope she gets the help she needs and we can work threw this.

·
Registered
824 Posts
In most cases, you're going to end up disappointed by making anything outside of yourself your "whole world". That screams codependency, to me, and you'll have a harder time in life because of it if it's not worked on pronto. Like @Prodigal said, it takes 2 and you cannot save a marriage all by yourself. She either wants to stay in, or she is wishy-washy like she's been, which I would take as a no, thank you.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
She wants no part of getting checked out. I’ve begged her to go get a second opinion from a neurologist and she won’t.
I hope she gets the help she needs and we can work threw this.
So you're going to hang in there, living on what-if thinking rather than what-is. People will remain in bad situations just based on hope.

She doesn't want help, as you have clearly stated.

With that in mind, I don't think there's any advice that will help you. Sorry.

·
Super Moderator
12,588 Posts
She never went to a neurologist they only sent her to her family dr. Which is why I’m concerned that it could be something more serious.
Why? This behavior is not new to her. It was happening long before the concussion.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts