Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Good outcome.

Now for the cloud around this silver lining, be on the look out for another email account. But other WS's have used sex to make their BS feel like everything is fine. Not saying that's happening here, just saying it has happened to others. I just want you to be aware as you move forward.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I understand. But through my years with my wife, I was expecting a fight if their was something to be concerned about, but their really wasn't a fight.
I know that this may be wishful thinking, and a bit premature, but...

...is it possible that she now LIKES what she sees?:)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Good outcome.

Now for the cloud around this silver lining, be on the look out for another email account. But other WS's have used sex to make their BS feel like everything is fine. Not saying that's happening here, just saying it has happened to others. I just want you to be aware as you move forward.
I could see some sex as being a cover, but going out of her way for it and request that I leave work, just don't see it.

I am going to live in the moment that is going on right now and really enjoy my marriage and try to let the thoughts of the CIA in me not take over. I feel I could ruin my marriage too by being so covert.

·
Registered
810 Posts
That's good to hear, and yes it comes across being more assertive and might make her respect you more.
I got blowback every time and most here on TAM know where it lead to.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Great to hear that result. Really good! Keep up the keeping up of appropriate boundaries!

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
But hopefully I was just being paranoid. Because having the wife email me and persuade me into leaving work early to meet her in our bedroom was definitely very very nice!!!
If you stop it early, set boundaries, and then draw a line in the sand to support those boundaries, then nothing happens, and you are called "paranoid". If you wait until it is too late to stop it, then you are called the "betrayed". Paranoid just means that you paid attention to your gut and did something about it. If it also means that your wife looks at you with new respect, and offers you more sex, so be it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
If you stop it early, set boundaries, and then draw a line in the sand to support those boundaries, then nothing happens, and you are called "paranoid". If you wait until it is too late to stop it, then you are called the "betrayed". Paranoid just means that you paid attention to your gut and did something about it. If it also means that your wife looks at you with new respect, and offers you more sex, so be it.
Interesting way to put it, never thought of it that way.

·
Premium Member
3,929 Posts
Interesting way to put it, never thought of it that way.
It's called a display of high value. She saw you will not shy away from protecting your marriage and her. This type of behavior, on your part (mate guarding), raises her sexual attraction for you. It's primal. If it interest you, here brother member Athol Kay explains it in his book and blog Married Man Sex Life. It may be over simplified, but it's something every man should read...

201 - 209 of 209 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.