Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So forget all about those remedies of scaring someone or holding your breath to get rid of annoying hiccups, just do what I have been doing for about 40 years that works everytime(and just worked 5 minutes ago)and take a small shot of.......SUGAR. And if you Google it you will see that it's not a wives tale and does work about 99% of the time, and that's because once it goes down it causes an immediate change to your digestive track which causes your body to stop reacting to the hiccups.(It's a fact) :smthumbup:

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Sounds healthy.

For me, the hold the breath trick ALWAYS works, has for 20 years, only failed twice, and in both instances worked after holding my breath the second time.

I think the problem with people that the hold breath solution doesn't work for is that people suck at holding their breath, after 10 seconds they give up... you gotta REALLY hold your breath, most people can easily hold their breath for 45 seconds , or even over a minute if they really try.

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
How about drinking water from the opposite side of the glass.

Reactions: Matt1720

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holding my breath, a glass of water, or any of that stuff has never ever worked for me, but after I take some sugar about 30 seconds later and - *poof* they're all gone.

·
Premium Member
6,626 Posts
A tablespoon of peanut butter will also work. I wish I got hiccups more often, I love PB!

Reactions: southern wife

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
Sounds healthy.

For me, the hold the breath trick ALWAYS works, has for 20 years, only failed twice, and in both instances worked after holding my breath the second time.

I think the problem with people that the hold breath solution doesn't work for is that people suck at holding their breath, after 10 seconds they give up... you gotta REALLY hold your breath, most people can easily hold their breath for 45 seconds , or even over a minute if they really try.
I'm with Lon......I hold my breath. Works like a champ every time. Even works for my daughter. Lord knows she does NOT need anymore sugar. :rofl: It's "healthier" than taking a shot of sugar. :)

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Over the years I have turned on at least 9 or 10 people to the sugar idea because all those other things were not working for them, and still to this day they are still doing it and tell me that it works every single time. I learned it from my grandmother a long time ago and she learned it from her mother so it's been around for probably 100 years or more. :smthumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.