Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have ANY problems to speak of....SOOO I will just introduce myself and tell you about us!!

I am almost 33 years old. I have been married twice to men who cheated and moved on. (Sad, I know). I am now getting married for the 3rd time, to the person I believe is my soul mate and the one I have needed in my life from the beginning.

Bill and I knew each other 16 years ago. (I was 16, and he was 21). He was in the Navy and we used to hang out together (as friends). My mother knew him and all my friends knew him. I married one of his buddies and moved away when I was almost 18. Bill went to Virginia... and I moved to Hawaii.
Over the years, I ended up divorced, married again and divorced again. (1st marriage=3 years) (2nd marriage=8 years) I moved to Virginia where my family is gathered, and proceeded to start a life for myself. (I lived in Florida for 27 years).
I met Bill looking at ads for rooms to rent (as he was renting one out) and we started talking - and within hours realized who the other person was. We were so excited that we got together that weekend and have been together since then (April 2007).
He proposed to me at Christmas time (07) and we're getting married August 8th, 2008. (IN VEGAS!!)

We are very very excited to spend our lives together and couldn't be happier. I truly believe that this is the situation where God puts you through Hell in order to find Heaven. I am completely and totally in love with this man, and I know I am in Heaven now... :)

Looking to make some friends here... and share experiences.

Take care!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
hi, im justean from south wales in the uk (welsh)im 35 years and have 2 children from my 2nd marriage and both hubbys have cheated on me. and the best part is, i bet your as faithful and honest. i know koz i am . the best person i can be and this is what you get. butter myself up, but i am a genuine person.
1st hubby used to hit me and had an affair and 2nd hubby of 13 years has just had a one nite stand, drunk and egged on by mate to sleep with girl. so im in an empty state at mo.
all i can say is that im lucky in the sense im a fighter. i still laugh.
im of out with mates. well you have to keep going dont you.
good luck with your new man - not all men are the same.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Good Luck to you MrsTLC sounds like a keeper. Remember it takes two to keep the marriage going :D

Justean let yourself heal inside and remember you are a beautiful genuine person that needs to look after herself and her two beautiful children first and foremost.

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
Welcome indeed MrsTLC and congratulations on the upcoming nuptials.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all.... :)

I had put my heart and soul into my other marriages, and I had once felt like a failure. No matter how or what I changed of myself, thinking it was all my fault, I found there was nothing I could do. My exes (both) had already made up their mind.

Luckily for me, my first husband and I are still friends. Not because we have a child together (who is on his way to 14 years old), but we both know we were too young to get married and both made mistakes. We both forgave each other, grew up and moved on. Now we are actually better friends now than we were before we were married.
My 2nd husband...well that is a different story. After 11 years with him, he told me he didn't love me anymore and decided he wasn't fit to be a husband. Wanted to be a loner, from what he told me. I fought it for 2 months, and finally gave up. After I packed and left... a few months later he filed for divorce. (I was already starting to heal from all of it). Then I found out about 2 months after the divorce was final, he had already re-married and had a baby on the way.

The man who is to be my new husband. I could not ask for a better person, through and through. He has the biggest and sweetest heart. He does everything he can to take care of me. He has never let me open a door for myself, or carry anything (except my purse). The man practically worships the ground I walk on. It's a beautiful feeling to be loved that deeply. And believe me, I definitely return the favor. This relationship I have with Bill goes deeper than just physical touch or anything like that. What we have is a very deep emotional, almost spiritual connection. Whenever he looks at me, I can actually see it in his eyes, how much he loves me. It moves me beyond anything I have ever felt.

If anyone states that there is no such thing as true love - I can say without a doubt that it does exist, with the right person.

Some people settle for someone - for the wrong reasons. Or they may not even know they have settled until years later... when they realize who THEY really are and what they want. It's taken me all these years to know what I needed in a person to "complete" me. And not to settle for just anyone. I am very lucky.... I was given a gift in which completed me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome (soon-to-be) Mrs.TLC! It seems like you've collected some hard experiences in your life and are finally getting some peace for all of it! I hope you'll be able to help others here with your experiences and offer some hope to others ;)

Good luck and congratulations!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.