Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day,
Can someone please help me out. I go away a lot with work. On my last trip away my wife decided to seperate from me and moved out of the house before I came home. She took our two children with her and is now living 30km away. She wants to have a friendly relationship with me but at the same time has left me with two morgatages, all of the bills and the payments for her car. I love here to death and will do anything to get her back but I feel that she does not want that. I asked her if there was any chance of getting back together and she will only tell me that she doesn't know what the future holds and she can't prommise anything. Obviously there are reasons behind her leaving and we have been seeing a psych off and on. I have tried to make her happy but nothing I do seems to work. She says that she still cares for me but i'm not so sure. I can't take this. I know there is no quick fix but has anyone got some guidance?

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
For now, see a lawyer and find out what your legal rights are regarding What you have to pay (ie, child support and her car payments)

If she really wanted to maintain a friendly relationship with you she wouldn't have moved out on you like a theif in the middle of the night

Have no dealings wih her unless they are about the kids or finances. No "how are you today" conversations at all!

Look up the 180 here and implement it now!

·
Registered
253 Posts
I feel we don't have much of the story. Why were you in counseling? You kind of glossed over that. What issues did you have in the marriage?

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Instead of striving for a "friendly" relationship, strive for a "fair and reasonable" one now. I recommend following Toffer's suggestions. When she says she isn't sure what the future holds, tell you you're not sure either, which is why you're no longer paying her bills. Call those companies where she's on the loan and took the item and give them her address.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
G'day,
Can someone please help me out. I go away a lot with work. On my last trip away my wife decided to seperate from me and moved out of the house before I came home. She took our two children with her and is now living 30km away. She wants to have a friendly relationship with me but at the same time has left me with two morgatages, all of the bills and the payments for her car. I love here to death and will do anything to get her back but I feel that she does not want that. I asked her if there was any chance of getting back together and she will only tell me that she doesn't know what the future holds and she can't prommise anything. Obviously there are reasons behind her leaving and we have been seeing a psych off and on. I have tried to make her happy but nothing I do seems to work. She says that she still cares for me but i'm not so sure. I can't take this. I know there is no quick fix but has anyone got some guidance?
Toffer did give you some great advice.

Take this time to really think about how things got this bad. How many times did your wife try to talk to you and tell you she wasn't happy. How many times you may have not taken her conversations about the state of your relationship seriously. How many times she asked you to do things for her to help her out or make her feel important to you. Think about all of these things and then try and understand that sometimes when words no longer work or seem to make any impact, action is the next step. She's taken action and now you're wide awake aren't you? You're ready to hear anything she has to say, right?

I hope you can get to some resolution, but in the meantime, you need to take care of yourself. Maybe she'll be willing to try one more time, and maybe she won't. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I asked her if there was any chance of getting back together and she will only tell me that she doesn't know what the future holds and she can't prommise anything.
She says that she still cares for me
Personally, I would take this as a yes. The question you really need to ask yourself is whether or not you truly want her back. If my wife moved out, I would let her go and make my best bid for the kids. How old are they?

·
Registered
241 Posts
She's cheating on you right now. She's eating cake. You decide if you want to be in a relationship and share your wife with another man at the same time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.