Talk About Marriage banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
After a very rough week my head is up. Instead of wallowing any further I am going to let her go. By that I mean I am
Are you looking for input from the group, or are you just saying things out loud to get comfortable with them?
saying it out loud for self therapy, no input will change what has happened

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
After a full week of mourning, I have pulled myself out of a self pitying mode. We would have been together 40 years next year. But it's all over now, once I called the bluff on the texting, and what was clearly an EA, that was it. I had our session with the counselor as was a regular thing, and she didn't bother to join, instead she took the dogs and left the house. It really hurts to watch it develop, try to stop it, but not be able to. We built a huge successful and and empty life. So, I go on now, I probably watched unhinged 3 times this week, and that was weird. But we have agreed that we will do this equally and with no fighting. I think we will both be better off, and be happier. Maybe this is an opportunity for us both to stop stagnating and be happy. I hold no ill will towards her, no matter what, I will always love her. Not sure better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all applies anymore. not sure of much these days, just picking up the pieces and moving on. I don't need input from this post, just putting my thoughts down for myself really

21 - 22 of 22 Posts