Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new, 47, my alias is Tia. I'm in my 2nd marriage of only 1 year. Feeling very lonely which I'm shocked by... My H is only a week sober. He was an alcoholic most of his life and was 4 years sober before we dated. One drink at a wedding event led to an on/off the wagon event for the past year. Pretty saddened by that. He's in AA again and has a sponsor, so that's positive.

But I feel like we just don't talk anymore. When he drank he was super chatty. We laughed and talked but now, it's like he's all withdrawn and I'm very social.

I don't know how to deal with this sudden change in who he is.... Maybe this is the new him? If so, it's going to be a lonely ride 馃槥 I guess I joined to feel some sense of community and to not feel so alone.

Registered
Use al anon, it will be a great help. And I'm truly sorry for you new challenges. Advice don't believe his word but his actions. Have you told him you miss him and his connection with you?

Registered
Welcome to TAM Tia. I don鈥檛 have experience with your situation, but I wanted to mention we do have a dedicated forum on Relationships and Addictions that you might find some helpful threads in also. You find it under 鈥淔orums鈥 and then 鈥淔ocused Topics鈥.

I hope your situation improves. I would be sad like you are, to face this at the hunnymoon stage of your marriage.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info from you both! I'm in a support group for wives of AH. I'll check out other forums too. Just venting and being heard here feels nice for once. Thanks!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts