Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
42,540 Posts
You are wrong that if you divorce your wife you will lose everything. Assets are generally divided 50/50 and 50/50 custody is becoming very common. Did you know that only about 15% of men ever pay any alimony and when they do pay, the average amount is $300 a month paid for 3 years.

You keep saying things like "there's no middle ground with women". The problem with statements like that is that the mask the truth. "Women" are not a have brain group. Nope, we are all individuals. The problem with you putting all women in one bucket is that you then see it as something that you cannot tackle because it's what all women do. Your wife's behavior belongs to her... it has nothing to do with me and the other 3 billion women on earth.

You are approaching the 7 year itch time in your marriage. For some reason a lot of couples have this sort of problem.

Your marriage and relationship with your wife need an overhaul and complete restructuring.

My bet is that the two of you stopped dating each other a long time ago. Is that right?

There are two books that I think would really help you and your wife fix this: "Love Busters" and "His Needs, Her Needs". The idea is for you and your wife to read them together and do the work that they say to do.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Even if I don’t hit her and she files for divorce I lose it all. Marraige really is a lose lose for men.
What a crock of ****. Where do you live that a simple divorce would give HER 100% of everything, and you 0%? I'd really like to know because it obviously isn't the US. :rolleyes:

I remember watching this bit by Bill Burr. Women hate it when their men have fun without them. It’s so true. My wife hates it when I’m doing my own thing or having fun without her. She gets even more upset if I look bored when I’m out with her. It’s not my fault I hate hours and hours of mindless shopping.
Bill Burr is a god. However, I don't have a problem at ALL when my husband is having a good time doing something he enjoys. I don't even understand that type of sick mentality, begrudging your spouse some joy in life. Your wife sounds like a real peach.

My biggest peeve is she never listens to me yet says I don’t speak up enough. How many of you guys go through this? They want your opinion, you think about it and tell them but they do the exact opposite of whay you told them.
So what? She supposedly asks for your OPINION, not an iron-clad instruction she HAS to follow just because it came from you.

Seriously there’s no middle ground with women.
Nooooooo...there's apparently no middle ground with your WIFE. Do you know how ridiculous you sound trying to convince everyone that your wife's shortcomings are also the shortcomings of every female on this planet? Why, I didn't know you were omniscient and able to speak for the entire female gender. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I’m trying my best to just go through the motions and avoid getting into any arguments with her. I try and spot the triggers and avoid them, try to look happy and interested but it takes alot of mental alertness and it takes alot out of me. I just don’t know what to do anymore.
Not sure if you're just here to complain about women or actually seek advice since you only wanted to talk to men.

I think I'm seeing a potential candidate for the MGTOW group. :rofl:

It appears that neither one of you seems to respect the other very much at all. This is so cliche and such a standard response on a message board, but I guess you should try marriage counseling to re-learn how to speak to each other and how to interact with respect.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
Wow! You guys need help. To paraphrase From the move “Cool Handed Luke”what we have here is a failure to communicate.

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
You are approaching the 7 year itch time in your marriage. For some reason a lot of couples have this sort of problem.
Thank you!

Ah, I finally got this out of one of you omniscient Ele-gant gals.

@She'sStillGotIt beat me to that word. Ah, tis' synchronicity.

It is true, these cycles.
For some, not all. Thank you.

The some adds up to some majority, say ~sixty percent.
These cycles affect more than marriage, it can be health issues, legal troubles, accidents, violence visited upon you, financial woes.

OP, you come across as a Misogynist. A woman hater.

Get divorced, stay that way.
Get, be happy.

Thank you for being honest with your thoughts about hitting your wife. This tells us you are aware of the temptation. This anger and resentment needs to addressed.
Saying you would be arrested and sent to jail if you hit her, misses the greater point.

Holding back, not hitting your wife, or hitting anyone, should come from feelings of right and wrong, and not from only the legal consequences of doing this.

KB-

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Was having a bad day and needed a rant. Knew I should have stuck to a men’s only forum. No I’m not a misogynist but then again anything can be construed as misogyny these days. Yea I know it’s wrong to hit people and I’m working on the anger issues, I started going to a group meeting and I have taken up MMA to learn how to manage my anger. It really does help.

I’m not sure how to communicate with her anymore. Like for eg yesterday I tried to cheer her up by cracking a joke to make light of a bad situation and she just starts going off on me. I felt hurt at her rebuke but instead of shouting back and escalating the problem I just walk away, do my breathing exercises and calmed myself down. But she wouldn’t stop and attacks me again bringing up **** that happened years ago.

I try my best to stay calm and I do, I don’t rise to the bait and I keep breathing and focusing on a calming image. But my calmness infuriates her even more and she keeps at it. Left with no choice I leave the house and remove myself from the situation. I stayed at my friend’s place last night.

A part of me wants to try and salvage the relationship another part of me wants to end it. Seriously I’m at a cross roads.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I'm just trying to simplify a bit.

1. This you know already; when one uses sentences like "I get so mad I want to hit her" that's the worst train of thought and action. Only a weak man would strike a woman unless she's pounding him with a baseball bat, even then, not.

2. What cruel things has she said to you? For example?

·
Super Moderator
28,150 Posts
Was having a bad day and needed a rant. Knew I should have stuck to a men’s only forum. No I’m not a misogynist but then again anything can be construed as misogyny these days. Yea I know it’s wrong to hit people and I’m working on the anger issues, I started going to a group meeting and I have taken up MMA to learn how to manage my anger. It really does help.

I’m not sure how to communicate with her anymore. Like for eg yesterday I tried to cheer her up by cracking a joke to make light of a bad situation and she just starts going off on me. I felt hurt at her rebuke but instead of shouting back and escalating the problem I just walk away, do my breathing exercises and calmed myself down. But she wouldn’t stop and attacks me again bringing up **** that happened years ago.

I try my best to stay calm and I do, I don’t rise to the bait and I keep breathing and focusing on a calming image. But my calmness infuriates her even more and she keeps at it. Left with no choice I leave the house and remove myself from the situation. I stayed at my friend’s place last night.

A part of me wants to try and salvage the relationship another part of me wants to end it. Seriously I’m at a cross roads.
Are you mistaking calmness for indifference? Or smugness?

Do you feel superior to your wife?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Scarry opening post. I'm not at all reassured by your use of MMA training as anger management. Seriously dangerous relationship. An angry man, who feels emotionally abused. Sounds like a powder keg to me.

On the face of it, I'd recommend supervised separation.

·
Premium Member
2,582 Posts
I’m not sure how to communicate with her anymore. Like for eg yesterday I tried to cheer her up by cracking a joke to make light of a bad situation and she just starts going off on me. I felt hurt at her rebuke but instead of shouting back and escalating the problem I just walk away, do my breathing exercises and calmed myself down. But she wouldn’t stop and attacks me again bringing up **** that happened years.
What I said earlier.....failure to communicate. You guys should consider marriage counseling if you want to make this marriage work. Otherwise, it is time to throw in the towel and part ways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What is it with you people? I wasn’t being smug just keeping my cool and trying not to escalate the problem. She was the one screaming at me. Why is it my fault for not losing my temper? Women are just as capable of being mean and abusive. Enough of the white knight bs. I though this forum would be helpful. Obviously not. Adios.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
So, what did she bring up from years ago?

You seem pretty high strung if a couple posts on a forum have run you off. Maybe you are thin skinned?

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
What is it with you people? I wasn’t being smug just keeping my cool and trying not to escalate the problem. She was the one screaming at me. Why is it my fault for not losing my temper? Women are just as capable of being mean and abusive. Enough of the white knight bs. I though this forum would be helpful. Obviously not. Adios.
Partner, presently folk here are asking for more info to tailor responses, and sharing views and different perspectives.

It's a normal give and take exchange, no one is attacking you personally so it's curious to see such an abrupt and FU response.

My original question remains, unless I missed it; what cruel things has she said, an example?

Whether you continue to explore different perspectives and objective advice is of course up to you.

There's a saying when reading a poster enters any forum and may see different advice, to "take what helps and leave the rest".

Generally not FU because "you all are idiots because you don't see it my way" right off the bat.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts