Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
Don't mind the snarky curmudgeons, but know that the majority here are very conservative and traditional. However, some of us (myself included), have also had wonderful long term non-monogamous relationships/marriages.

·
Registered
17,174 Posts
Welcome newbie. Thanks for joining and we can appreciate a different perspective. We have a few posters who have non monog relationships but more are always welcome.

If you get into posting here and offer your different perspective, some may push back at you but others will be interested. They may not be interested because they are considering the same type of relationship but many can still be open to your views, me included.

Long ago I was in a poly relationship. That is not what I choose for myself now but the experience changed me for the better in many ways. I don’t share about it much here but I do still have the same mind I had then.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
Don't mind the snarky curmudgeons, but know that the majority here are very conservative and traditional. However, some of us (myself included), have also had wonderful long term non-monogamous relationships/marriages.
I wouldn't call those who are faithful to their spouses 'conservative and traditional'. Its what marriage is supposed to be. Adultery is something that always has bad consequences eventually, and yes its still adultery even if both supposedly agree.

·
Registered
102 Posts
of a person doesn't believe in Christian God I can see a marriage as a legal license and nothing more binding than that

its how atheists marry, right? they see marriage as a legality, but nothing ethical/moral/religious about it

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hi

Live in colo.

Have an amazing wife of 20+ years, an amazing consensual non-monogamous marriage.

Thought maybe someone might benefit from a somewhat non-traditional point of view.

just thought I would say hello.
Welcome to the site and to the little club us other polys/CNM have here. You are not alone! ;)

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
of a person doesn't believe in Christian God I can see a marriage as a legal license and nothing more binding than that

its how atheists marry, right? they see marriage as a legality, but nothing ethical/moral/religious about it
Well ethics might still enter into it. One doesn't need religion to have ethics. Or morals for that matter.

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
I wouldn't call those who are faithful to their spouses 'conservative and traditional'. Its what marriage is supposed to be. Adultery is something that always has bad consequences eventually, and yes its still adultery even if both supposedly agree.
Meh. I would call it conservative and traditional, and there's nothing wrong with that mindset (as long as you don't try to force it on others). You are right that it is still - by definition - adultery. It certainly does not always have bad consequences - there have been none for us, for instance. On the other hand, marriage sometimes has bad consequences, so should it be avoided as well?

·
Registered
254 Posts
AND there are people here like ME...who would only want (and have) a traditional relationship, but are fascinated by people who have different ideas and experiences, and will always be interested in hearing your point of view!!! :smile2:

Welcome!!

·
Registered
254 Posts

And (sadly) plenty of people who DO believe in "Christian God" don't take care of their marriages or value their vows before God...so I'm not sure what your point is...

At least non-monogamy is HONEST.

·
Registered
266 Posts
AND there are people here like ME...who would only want (and have) a traditional relationship, but are fascinated by people who have different ideas and experiences, and will always be interested in hearing your point of view!!! :smile2:

Welcome!!
To which I say, feel free to ask questions. I can always start such a Q&A thread.

·
Registered
254 Posts
To which I say, feel free to ask questions. I can always start such a Q&A thread.

Oooh!!! Now THAT would be a GREAT thread to have on here -- I'd LOVE to be able to ask questions and hear how such non-conventional relationships work...!!!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
My first husband had a very exciting and fulfilling non-monogamous marriage just like you, OP.

He just neglected to tell ME, his wife, about it. :rofl::rofl:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts