Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
In Indonesia: dude just denied the affair and gets out of the required 100 lashes.

From the article.

The woman confessed to adultery and was convicted of that.

".........he judges couldn't find the accused man guilty of adultery because he denied the charges, the prosecutor said, so he was instead accused of "showing affection to a female partner who is not his wife." They sentenced him to be flogged 30 times, and the Sharia Supreme Court reduced his punishment to 15 lashes in an appeal......."

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wife wants the 100 lashes given to me for buying another camera, but I will be denying that I bought the camera, and that I only rented it, so that I can get reduced in appeal the number of lashes to fifteen, but With a wet noodle.

kidding aside, it's not joke what's going on those cultures where women are treated as nothing but a children's factory, and that's that.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Call me random, this is the part that pisses me off…

“Human Rights Watch has condemned the practice as "barbaric punishments" for victimless crimes.”

Adultery is a victimless crime eh? Cool.

Won’t deny I got a little smile thinking of being able to witness my WH and his AP getting lashed in the street though. I guess I’m barbaric.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Well, he did buy dinner.
Unfortunately, she probably has more to worry about from her husband than the lashes.
They both would. When people talk of where was the guy that was with the woman caught in adultery in the Bible? I kind of figure he never made it out of the house...hubby probably killed him DRT.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Old boy was practicing what he was preaching…………………..against….😂

maybe his defense should have been that he was only experimenting to see how bad the crime really was, so he could better judge what the penalty should be.

·
Administrator
45,911 Posts
wouldn't 100 lashes basically kill anyone that received it?
Yes. What they often do if they don't want to kill the person is to give them a portion of the lashes, let them heal, give them more of the lashes, let them heal, and so on. It can destroy the person's life if it does not kill them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts