Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to work past WH EA, I feel the need to view all of his DELETED browser history. I found on here that people recommend Historyviewer (dot) net. Have any of you used this program and gotten results on seeing DELETED history? Any other suggestions or recommendations?

·
Registered
16,572 Posts
In order to work past WH EA, I feel the need to view all of his DELETED browser history. I found on here that people recommend Historyviewer (dot) net. Have any of you used this program and gotten results on seeing DELETED history? Any other suggestions or recommendations?
BH: I read your post a tad late, but if you haven't already done so, check with badbane on his thread "Anyone interested in evidence gathering thread," in the Coping With Infidelity section.

If he can't answer your question, then I don't really think that anybody can!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Arb. It has been over 3 months since DDay and any history that was there is surely gone by now. Regardless, since this has happened, my WH has become a better man and our communication is soaring. He knows & I know if there is ever ANY other type of mess up, it's over! No if's and's or but's. Thanks for taking the time to reply nonetheless.

·
Registered
103 Posts
.....and then what?

·
Banned
918 Posts
Hi,

Recovering anything that has been deleted is a hit and miss exercise. It depends on how much the computer has been used and in what way since the deletion took place.

From what I can see, history viewer is just a way of looking at details that are readily available, but it shows them in one place. If internet history is deleted, other traces are still left around in other places and this is what it looks like history viewer is capturing.

If you have physical access to the computer it would be better to install a keylogger instead. This can be in the form of an unobtrusive USB plug-in or as software.

Not sure if my reply is too late for you and I hope things are going well either way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Recovering anything that has been deleted is a hit and miss exercise. It depends on how much the computer has been used and in what way since the deletion took place.

From what I can see, history viewer is just a way of looking at details that are readily available, but it shows them in one place. If internet history is deleted, other traces are still left around in other places and this is what it looks like history viewer is capturing.

If you have physical access to the computer it would be better to install a keylogger instead. This can be in the form of an unobtrusive USB plug-in or as software.

Not sure if my reply is too late for you and I hope things are going well either way.
Totally agree with you. The only easy way to record deleted history is to use keylogging apps like Sniperspy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.