Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's been betrayed

hit the bitter stage yet?

I'm finding I am intolerable of the threads in the infidelity section when it's a cheater asking for help.

I think I might have to keep away from that area for a bit- for fear of letting myself go to town on a keyboard.

I don't want to be like this....but I can't seem to control it now.

argh...tell me I'm normal :scratchhead:

·
Registered
466 Posts
You're normal babe.

Thing is, you can't do anything about it. Just ride it out.

You can try, but it'll keep coming back. Let it take it's course.

You're a step closer to better days :)

Hope you have a better tomorrow.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I've never been to that section for just that reason. I can't understand why anyone would cheat when it is so easy to end the relationship first.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
that's been betrayed

hit the bitter stage yet?

I'm finding I am intolerable of the threads in the infidelity section when it's a cheater asking for help.

I think I might have to keep away from that area for a bit- for fear of letting myself go to town on a keyboard.

I don't want to be like this....but I can't seem to control it now.

argh...tell me I'm normal :scratchhead:
I was bitter toward cheaters, before I became the victim (and I use that word loosely) of a cheater.

And, I think that's normal.

To me, sympathizing with a cheater and justifying their actions is what's not normal.

In fact, it's enabling.

And stupid.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well, he!! You better be normal, because I feel the same way!! So if your not normal it means I'm not!! And I happen to know for a fact that I'm normal, because the voices in my head said so!!!! Lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
Love your quote, Can't Believe.

And if I was betrayed, no way in heck I could read that section either. I do suspect an EA or two, but had plenty of other reasons to divorce so I've decided not to care, all the more reason for me to stay off that board.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Do the cheaters ever come and read these sections? Probably not!

If you've been betrayed and he/she's remorseful and want to stay in the marriage, count yourself amongst the privileged here. Many people were betrayed and left and that is a much more heinous pain.

In the meantime, yes you can feel free to fantasize that one day they will know your pain and understand.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Do the cheaters ever come and read these sections? Probably not!

If you've been betrayed and he/she's remorseful and want to stay in the marriage, count yourself amongst the privileged here. Many people were betrayed and left and that is a much more heinous pain.

In the meantime, yes you can feel free to fantasize that one day they will know your pain and understand.
I'm not sure I agree that winning back a wayward spouse is a "privilege".

Being betrayed and abandoned is painful.

But...

Realizing who you are and what you're worth is nothing like heinous.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Realizing who you are and what you're worth is nothing like heinous.
You're absolutely right about that.

How do you cope with the feelings of rejection?

I'm not sure I agree that winning back a wayward spouse is a "privilege".
Maybe privilege is the wrong choice of word. I just meant many people would like the chance to keep their families intact. Having a spouse leave and spurn reconciliation feels like rock bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.