Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had doubts about your relationship or maybe felt like you were getting married more for society or other reasons than love, did you still enjoy your wedding day? Or, because of those doubts, etc. did you find you didn't enjoy the wedding or get much excitement from it?

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
If you had doubts about your relationship or maybe felt like you were getting married more for society or other reasons than love, did you still enjoy your wedding day? Or, because of those doubts, etc. did you find you didn't enjoy the wedding or get much excitement from it?
If you have no abiding PEACE in your
towards this man you are walking down the aisle to meet & say vows too, DO NOT go through with this wedding... the day will be clouded with "why am I doing this? " ~ a conflicted spirit ~ you are setting yourself up for playing an Actress ~excitement for a day -with a man your
is not into... very very sad, why would you want to hurt HIM like this, his family....your family.... yourself??

This is no way to start a life... with something you will want out of. DO the right thing....cancel it....admit you made a mistake... when our hearts are divided...we need to listen & carefully....something in us is screaming... do NOT go forth.. This could mean....."wait" or it may mean ...it is over... I need to move on.

This is for you to figure out.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
It all depends. If you're getting married to fulfill some fantasy of landing the "perfect man" in a life that's "happily ever after" you can forget it. DOES NOT EXIST! However if you feel you found a man who you both adore and can have a lasting friendship with for at least ten years then go for it, but only if this is what you really want to do and you feel you are ready.

The best you can hope for in marriage is having a husband who still find love for you when you two don't get along. He will still try to make you happy and be there for you even when you're not having sex. He will avoid telling you things that hurt your feelings when he's mad, and both of you will discuss your needs instead of running away from problems.

But that's not to say you have to get married. Hell, I see no reason in it to satisfy your family. Instead set a date and live together for a few years. Once you've seen how bad he can get and you two still try to please each other and work on your relationship...... marry him dammit. The right guy will not quit you if he isn't wearing a ring. Instead he'll keep trying and trying because he loves you and not some title of "my wife".

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wouldnt worry so much about enjoying the wedding day as much as the days, months and years to follow.

Do not marry to enjoy the wedding! Marry for a good marriage with the one you love!
This! :iagree:

I think too many(some celebrities spring to mind) people marry for the 'glamour' and 'glory' of the wedding day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.