Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to acknowledge all the mothers and grandmothers that may not have even gotten a "Happy Mother's Day" from their spouse. Have you heard the "You're not MY mother" excuse? Maybe it should not be a big thing, but to me, it is simply a show of respect, particularly when we try to make a big deal out of Father's day. Should not surprise most of us since these are the same guys that forget most birthdays and anniversaries.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Same to you and yours', Dear.

Reactions: jld

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I just want to acknowledge all the mothers and grandmothers that may not have even gotten a "Happy Mother's Day" from their spouse. Have you heard the "You're not MY mother" excuse? Maybe it should not be a big thing, but to me, it is simply a show of respect, particularly when we try to make a big deal out of Father's day. Should not surprise most of us since these are the same guys that forget most birthdays and anniversaries.
Well I never said and don't say "happy Mother's Day" to my wife, since she isn't my mother just as she doesn't say "happy Father's Day" to me since I am not her father. We're both fine with that and we don't forget birthdays or anniversaries either. Our marriage works well without either of us feeling obliged or compelled to humour such contrived gestures.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I never said and don't say "happy Mother's Day" to my wife, since she isn't my mother just as she doesn't say "happy Father's Day" to me since I am not her father. We're both fine with that and we don't forget birthdays or anniversaries either. Our marriage works well without either of us feeling obliged or compelled to humour such contrived gestures.
As long as it truly works for BOTH of you, great. Congratulations on remembering other important dates!

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Happy Belated Mothers Day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.