Talk About Marriage banner

Are you happy in your marriage?

• Yes, we've always been extremely happy (minor issues here and there). NO REGRETS!

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • We're happy now but we've had some rough patches. Still in love!

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • It's satisfying. It's not like it used to be :( but it's not that bad either. We're okay.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I'm not sure. It seems rather uncertain and ustable. Wish us luck!

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Not very good at the moment but I still love my spouse and want to work things out!

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not very good. I really want out!

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • The marriage is fine. The love is dead!

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Nonexistant. Divorced.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Happy] Marriage Survey

8K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  somethingelse 
Your age and your spouse's age? I'm 32, he's 35.
How did you first meet? I was friends with his little sister and we became friends. We hadn't seen each other in years, but ran into each other at a party and reconnected instantly.
How/when did you know you wanted to spend the rest of your life with this person? Almost immediately after we saw each other at that party. We just KNEW.
How long did you date before you got married? 8 months
How long did the engagement last? About 2 weeks.
Did you and your spouse live together before you got married? If you did, for how long? Yes, we moved in together after 2 months and lived together for 6 months before marrying.
Are you and your spouse okay with both/either one of you having friends of the opposite sex? What advice can you give to newlywed couples about this subject? We are both okay with each other's friends. We trust each other completely. Trust is so important. If you don't trust each other for whatever reason, that's an issue you need to deal with. I think you should feel 100% okay with your spouse hanging out with their friends alone occasionally.
How much time do you spend together? And what do you usually do during your time together? We have very little alone time together since we had a child 3 years ago, but we try to have one date night a month, during which we usually have a quiet dinner out together and maybe watch a movie.
How much time do you spend apart? And what do you usually do during your time apart? One of us may do something without the other, maybe once a month, usually because we don't have a babysitter and we don't want the other person to miss out on something (a friend's birthday, for example).
What did marriage feel like the first year? In 5 years? 15 years? Now? It's always felt great. We've had our issues and disagreements but I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world.
How often do you and your spouse have sex? About once a week.
How have you maintained a satisfying sex life throughout your marriage? (Is there a secret? C'mon happily married people, SPILL IT PLEASE!) You have to make it a priority, especially after you have kids. Everyone is busy all the time and tired, but you HAVE TO make time for sex, even if that means "scheduling" it. It may not sound romantic, but it's more romantic than a sexless marriage.
What do you think is the best way to prevent infidelity in marriage? To make sure your partner is happy and sexually satisfied. I think sexually satisfied people stray less often.
What are your roles in your marriage? (By that I mean - who works? Who does house chores? Who cooks? Who handles the finances/budget? Etc.) We both work full-time. I (the wife) clean, do laundry and dishes, 90% of the housework.
Do you have kids? If so, how many? Yes, we have a 3-yr-old together and he has a 7-yr-old from a previous relationship.
How long after you got married did you wait until you started having kids? We were trying even before we got married, but it was about 8-9 months into our marriage before I got pregnant.
How do children (or no children) affect marriage? They certainly make it harder. It's hard to have "couple time" and you're both much much MUCH more tired when there are children. But it's also the most fulfilling and rewarding thing you can ever have in your life.
How did you know and your spouse know you were ready to be parents? We both very much wanted to have children.
If you could do it over again, what would you do differently? I can't think of a thing.
Why do you think your marriage has lasted this long/has been successful? Because we work at it, we both adore each other, we are invested in this marriage, and we both want to stay together forever.
What's the best marital advice that you can share with young soon-to-be-married couples? Communicate your wants and needs. It's nice for your spouse to just KNOW what you want, but it's not realistic. TELL THEM what you need from them and they will most likely be willing to oblige you.
If you had to describe your spouse in 3 words what would they be?
What's your favorite quote that you feel most applies to marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.