Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its the month of October now. Halloween month! What do you do for Halloween? Costume parties? Go to any haunted houses? Watch any scary movies? If so what are they?

I will be attending a costume party. A co-worker started one up last yr at their home, its been quite fun! Last year I went as a Pirate. This year I'm leaning towards either, Austin Powers, or Pee Wee Herman. :D Although the Grim Reaper isn't a bad idea either.

Reactions: krismimo

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
We live in a big neighborhood with lots of kids who come trick or treating. We usually dress up and give out candy. Last yr my wife was fairy, and I was a mummy. So far we haven't decided what we will be yet.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I love Halloween! It's kinda hard to get into the mood for it right now though - It's suppose to get to 103 degrees F. today
:(

My husband sets the computer to chime on the hour like the clock in the Haunted Mansion

He grows giant pumpkins and carves them.

I wear my Halloween earrings all month long, and put up a Halloween Village

Our daughter 'trick or treated' till she moved away from home :) Here she is with a friend

and here she is as Wednesday Addams

·
Registered
208 Posts
I carved my first pumpkin last year, and it was a lot of fun. I like the idea of wearing a costume and painting the town red, but the reality is, most girls my age seem to use it as an excuse to show skin which really isn't me (any more), so I don't want to look like the fat-frumpy third wheel next to all the dolled-up gals.

So who knows what we'll do.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I used to put a stocking over my head and hide behind the door and wait for trick-or-treaters. When they'd knock, I'd let the door creak open, then shine a flashlight under my distorted face. They'd scream, drop their candy, and run like hell. I'd then scoop up the candy and wait for the next victims.

Hey, you didn't see the politicians in Chicago going door-to-door to get their ill-gotten gains, so why should I?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Used to like it. Could care less now.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Around here in minivan land the kids come the Saturday before, whenever that is, during the day because it might be dangerous and dark later and then they'd have to wear signal green reflector vests.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I remember one year we rigged a harness in a tree and scared the crap out of people. The guys took turns hanging in the rigging like a lynched criminal and then scared people when they got close enough.

LOL Halloween is our Christmas (think Roseanne show). We deco the house, garage, ourselves... there's a costume party this year where hubby works. Already hit up the halloween store and got my zipper face prosthetic. My 10 yr old is her mother's daughter... she is as horror morbid as I am... *smirk*

Reactions: MrsOldNews

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Its a fun time! We usually check out some haunted houses and trails in our area. Halloween night some of get together and watch scary movies. I love the old Freddie Kruger movies,and Friday the 13th! :smthumbup:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Its a fun time! We usually check out some haunted houses and trails in our area. Halloween night some of get together and watch scary movies. I love the old Freddie Kruger movies,and Friday the 13th! :smthumbup:
Throw in the classic texas chainsaw massacre. The last 30 minutes of that movie is freaking nuts. Lets not worry about the teenagers thats cut up in the freezer, or the digging up graves up in newt, lets raise hell about what your brother did to the door, lol!

Reactions: southern wife

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
We love Halloween! Side note: It's also my birthday Month! :woohoo:

We've already started decorating. Daughter wants to be Repunzel. We take her and some friends with their kids around our neighborhood. Then we'll hit our old neighborhood because some people there set up a cool "haunted house" themed yard. They have some one dressed up a Freddie Kruger, someone as Jason, lots of scary clowns, etc. It's alot of fun each year!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I used to not be that interested in Halloween - as a kid we lived so far out in the country we would drive to people's homes and usually they weren't expecting anyone. I got an apple, a moonpie and a box of crackerjacks one year - that was the BIG haul. :D

So now I go all out and I have a big party. Last year:

Front yard grave yard w/ tombstones, spider webs, skeletons, bats in the trees and coffin and got HUGE cardboard boxes, cut into planks and 'boarded up' the house w/ BEWARE, DO NOT ENTER, CAUTION etc. written on them
Back yard put balloons in jeans and hoodie and floated body in pool and illuminated w/ tiki torches (mostly this was for the smokers who went out back)
Living room furniture covered with white sheets (protects from drunks AND looks like haunted house!)
All pictures replaced w spooky ones
All curtains replaced w/ 'creepy cloth'
Only lit w/ skull candles, etc.
Hall bath scene from psycho - slashed clear curtain left blood and knife in tub
Master had dead body tucked in bed and bath was another murder scene
(Nothing in daughter's room or office - closed those)
Kitchen was laboratory - covered cookbooks w/ "Cannibalism 101" "Joy of Cooking... your Ex" (my fav!) jars of creepy "ingredients" bugs, rats, worms, snakes, etc.)

Food was:
seafood pate in brain mold - looks REAL
Mummies (sausage kabobs wrapped in fetuccini)
Bread bowl "caldron" w/ dip in and red/yellow peppers and pretzel stick "Fire/firewood"
White cheddar eyeballs w olive center

REDRUM punch
Swamp water punch (vodka based green punch w/ gummy frogs in it and both served in cauldrons

I go all out. This year mast bath will be spider lair complete w/ large spider and body hanging over garden tub in 'web' and 2nd bath will be the butcher shop - hanging full size scene setter for shower curtain.

It freaks my kid out a bit so I wait for the majority of it. I research realistically spooky foods. This year I'm adding a desert table w/ cups of "dirt" and found the best realistic gummy worms that are rootbeer flavor and look like real earthworms - I was so excited when then they came in the mail. :D My daughter said "you're weird, Mom".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.