Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies, I've finally gotten to the point I have to ask.

What is the reason women who've gone gray don't color their hair?

And, while on this topic, what's with unnatural colors?

I guess I need to ask the guys if unnatural colors remind them of cartoon women and turns them on? Maybe not.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Unnatural nope, and as far as the grey women to me are much more sexy that unnatural age color. And no purple does nothing for me.

·
Administrator
43,630 Posts
Some women look very good in grey hair. There are many tones of grey and some are very attractive.

Some women just don't care to alter their natural look. Why should a woman feel that she has to hide her natural grey hair if she's comfortable with it?

Also, maintaining dyed hair can be a pain. Nothing like white/grey roots with black or brown hair.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Oh the purple or orange look in older women is quite disturbing to me. Grey is also. I don’t know why they just don’t go with a natural color. Some female attorneys I work with look like they belong in a circus, not a courthouse.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Some women look very good in grey hair. There are many tones of grey and some are very attractive.

Some women just don't care to alter their natural look. Why should a woman feel that she has to hide her natural grey hair if she's comfortable with it?

Also, maintaining dyed hair can be a pain. Nothing like white/grey roots with black or brown hair.
Agree.

I don't think a woman 'should' feel anything. I'm not intending to give anyone a guilt trip. I keep thinking it is some status symbol or some kind of badge that they have completed a bucket list or something like that.

I get the low maintenance of natural gray. However, it can yellow and that's kinda gross. So, you may have to color it gray. Your roots won't show as easily due to less contrast, but it would be noticeable.

Take a look at these women... why should they dye thier hair? Their grey hair is beautiful.
oops, didn't work right. Check below.

https://www.rewigs.com/fashion-long-straight-grey-hair-wig-for-young-women-pskujol28012.html

This is the one part of my question and has something to do with why I ask if it is a bucket list thing or some kind of turn on for those young men interested in cartoon or movie women. Maybe it is those women who look up to the cartoon or movie characters? Hope that helps everyone to understand what and why I am asking.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Agree.

I don't think a woman 'should' feel anything. I'm not intending to give anyone a guilt trip. I keep thinking it is some status symbol or some kind of badge that they have completed a bucket list or something like that.

I get the low maintenance of natural gray. However, it can yellow and that's kinda gross. So, you may have to color it gray. Your roots won't show as easily due to less contrast, but it would be noticeable.

This is the one part of my question and has something to do with why I ask if it is a bucket list thing or some kind of turn on for those young men interested in cartoon or movie women. Maybe it is those women who look up to the cartoon or movie characters? Hope that helps everyone to understand what and why I am asking.
????? I'm slow tonight

·
Registered
890 Posts
Meh, I've got a relative my age who started going silver in her early thirties. One lock at a time. She is still more brunette than silver, but it's close. Objectively, she's still attractive. Tall, not too thin, face non-wrinkled (for mid-forties). She shouldn't dye, but she would never dye; not natural or organic, you see.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
????? I'm slow tonight
What? Don't remember posting you are slow tonight. I might be a bit slow for not understanding about the colors. I'll have to look again to see what you mean. Or, you can explain what you read.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
What? Don't remember posting you are slow tonight. I might be a bit slow for not understanding about the colors. I'll have to look again to see what you mean. Or, you can explain what you read.
Cartoon character?

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
????? I'm slow tonight
I am slow too. I misread your reply. @EleGirl seemed like she was saying someone was trying to make women feel they must color their gray hair. Usually, folks feel guilty before they do something they don't really want that won't hurt them. I was trying to tell her that I didn't mean to give any women a guilt trip by asking why women or some women don't dye their gray hair.

I also corrected the lower section because I linked incorrectly. Check it again. There should be a woman with a gray wig. Looks like she is 25 or so years old. I messed it up with the post you quoted. Then, corrected it.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cartoon character?
What's that nutty wild woman comic strip character from the movies and then you have anime from Japan and they call it something else in other countries. It's all cartoons to me. lol

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Meh, I've got a relative my age who started going silver in her early thirties. One lock at a time. She is still more brunette than silver, but it's close. Objectively, she's still attractive. Tall, not too thin, face non-wrinkled (for mid-forties). She shouldn't dye, but she would never dye; not natural or organic, you see.
OMG Hadn't thought of that angle. lol Takes all kinds, I guess.

·
Registered
890 Posts
OMG Hadn't thought of that angle. lol Takes all kinds, I guess.
Meh, there's organic, but it is impossible to match color.

You end up with, "No play, for Mr. Gray" incongruity.

Also, she wouldn't dye anyway. Why should she?

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Meh, there's organic, but it is impossible to match color.

You end up with, "No play, for Mr. Gray" incongruity.

Also, she wouldn't dye anyway. Why should she?
I wonder if these young women who die their hair gray match the carpet with the drapes? Would that be freaky? lol

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Men are kind of clueless what women go through.

I am 33 and am grey. I dye my hair every 7 weeks and it’s fine for now; but I won’t be doing it for 20 years that’s for sure.

My friend is 36 and decided to stop dying her hair and she’s grey as well.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts