Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I caught my husband texting another woman non-stop a year ago and he revealed her name and claims its friendly and a girl he met running races. He said he would stop if I was uncomfortable, but also says he is a friendly guy and has girls who are friends. Supposedly, he was coaching her on getting a running program started which I brushed off and said let her find her own trainer in her area. While I thought he was being honest and discontinued communication, I saw on his phone, pictures she sent to him and he sent to her. I confronted and said I would leave him if he didn't stop. I discovered another call to her after he had seen her at another race and he claimed originally it was a friendly "how did your race go. ", but this time I didn't let it get swept under the rug. I asked about emails and he said a couple but very platonic and I asked to see them. He claims all are deleted and he isn't able to show me. Going a bit crazy since he maintains such innocence!!!! Not sure how to react as he is trying so hard with me which is in my opinion an admittance of guilt.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
tell him you want to see the next email she sends. (WITHOUT HIM WARNING HER THAT YOU WILL READ IT). See if it sounds completely platonic.

Then, even if it is platonic... tell him you are not comfortable & it would be a deal breaker if you were texting a male that much. It needs to be a deal breaker for him. He cannot be more connected to another female than to you. It is not good, fair or right for your marriage. Make him understand how hurt you are.. Even if it is "just" friends.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I caught my husband texting another woman non-stop a year ago and he revealed her name and claims its friendly and a girl he met running races. He said he would stop if I was uncomfortable, but also says he is a friendly guy and has girls who are friends. Supposedly, he was coaching her on getting a running program started which I brushed off and said let her find her own trainer in her area. While I thought he was being honest and discontinued communication, I saw on his phone, pictures she sent to him and he sent to her. I confronted and said I would leave him if he didn't stop. I discovered another call to her after he had seen her at another race and he claimed originally it was a friendly "how did your race go. ", but this time I didn't let it get swept under the rug. I asked about emails and he said a couple but very platonic and I asked to see them. He claims all are deleted and he isn't able to show me. Going a bit crazy since he maintains such innocence!!!! Not sure how to react as he is trying so hard with me which is in my opinion an admittance of guilt.
Work on the assumption that he is "coaching" her to sleep with him.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Do you have access to all his id's, passwords, phone records? If he doesn't have anything to hide, there's no reason you shouldn't. These should be shared between both of you - no secrets/privacy in marriage. You gave those up when saying I DO. The fact that you told him you were 'uncomfortable' should have been ALL you needed to say for ALL communication with OW to stop, regardless of the nature of their relationship. This shows you HE respects you and puts both You & YOUR marriage first. If he's unwilling to do that, then you may very well have an issue.

His working so hard may be quite innocent but because of who I am, I'd say it's along the lines of: those who doth protest too much!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
it takes 2 to tango. I'm not taking side here, but may I advise you to do a bit self-check. How do you normally respond to things? Are you sensitive type? Do you over-react? If yes, and if your husband knows you well (and I bet he does), he would try to avoid any conflict that might come, in case you found out the messages/texts/emails between him and the other girl. That explains why he deleted them.
On the other hand, there might actually some monkey business going on between him and the other girl, so he had to delete the messages.

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
it takes 2 to tango. I'm not taking side here, but may I advise you to do a bit self-check. How do you normally respond to things? Are you sensitive type? Do you over-react? If yes, and if your husband knows you well (and I bet he does), he would try to avoid any conflict that might come, in case you found out the messages/texts/emails between him and the other girl. That explains why he deleted them.
On the other hand, there might actually some monkey business going on between him and the other girl, so he had to delete the messages.
And if there is NOTHING inappropriate going on, then deleting is unnecessary. Bottom line is that he said he'd stop talking to THIS woman, who he was texting NONSTOP, if she was uncomfortable with it... And yet, he is still in contact with her...KNOWING how his wife feels about it. No, he is wrong for continuing ANY contact with this woman. And I reiterate, deleting conversations with this woman only adds to her belief that something inappropriate is going on. If he wants her to trust him, he needs to stop deleting his correspondence.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He does say I'm hyper sensitive and that is because this is his second chance. He lied and cheated on me a year after marriage. Now it is 18 years later and I suspect again. He is friendly with women and flirty and says that's who he is. His time he has been very private and for a while would grab his phone, complain that I'm invading his privacy, etc. I believe he stopped with phone communication since I check records now. Emails are how they have been communicating as well as other means. He is much more computer savvy and thinks I will never find out. I have all passwords and revealed that he has many more than I ever knew about. I asked him to prove that their emails were platonic for peace if mind and he said he deleted them all. Now he called her agin about a week ago on a separate magic jack phone which he probably thought I would never look at. When confronted he said he called to ask her how a running race went hat they both attended and that he really didn't get a chance to talk to her. I was so upset that I began investigating while he was out of town on yes another race(not wit her), but I'm alone again!!!~I went crazy looking for stuff to catch him and I think he caught wind that I was on his emails and In to folders and he either deleted all evidence or has it stored. Btw found a big head shot of her in one of his files. I believe in my heart something's going on and he says since all has been deleted I have to believe his innocence. I won't until he shows me a text conversation, emails, etc. I think he knows he is caught and is so afraid I will leave him. His is his second chance. This happened before remember. He's trying so hard to be affectionate, nice, polite, and marriage as usual but I don't even believe if his phone conversation is true due to 2 stories. I'm so emotional however staying strong. Please help with any thoughts! Thx
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just received a letter from this girl who my husband has been secretly communicating with saying how sorry she is for causing grief in our marriage and our family and that she appreciates his running advice and support over the last 12 months and that I may call her to verify that there will be no more communication??? she left no phone number and not even sure if she was the one who sent this. Help!!!

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Just received a letter from this girl who my husband has been secretly communicating with saying how sorry she is for causing grief in our marriage and our family and that she appreciates his running advice and support over the last 12 months and that I may call her to verify that there will be no more communication??? she left no phone number and not even sure if she was the one who sent this. Help!!!
Letter in the mail? Return address? If there is a return address, do a search, first. If nothing turns up, write back and say that's great she's willing to verify, but you can't call without a number. And, what made her write the letter in the first place? Plus, why can't you go to any of the events and actually speak to her if you are willing to do that? Honestly, my first thought was that your husband told her about it and that's what prompted it...to get you off his back, nothing more, so they actually CAN continue talking. If you ignore it, she (and likely he) may assume you are fine with it. Don't mention it to your husband. Suggest that you go to the next event, though. Gauge his reaction and go from there.

·
Registered
450 Posts
If they're no longer communicating as he's stated, then how did she get your email address? I am assuming, of course, the letter came to you via email. Even if she did give you her number, why would she think you'd be stupid enough to believe anything a 'home wrecker' had to say? She's not going to tell you the truth.

SO.... He's cheated before! You already have proof he's capable. The fact that he's trying so hard to make it 'appear' as if what you're feeling/thinking is going on in your head is a sure sign he's trying to place the blame of your marital issues on YOU. This is because of the guilt he feels for going behind your back and continuing a relationship you've already voiced more than once you're uncomfortable with. He doesn't want to end that relationship; he wants his cake and to eat it too! MHO.... the email is just a tactic to get you to back off until they can figure out another way to communicate.

What exactly does he not understand about NO COMMUNICATION? My definition of that would include phone calls, text messages, emails, FB, Personal visits, etc.,etc., etc. The excuse he used to get a status on a race is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to again get you off his back about calling her.

Have either of you considered/mentioned MC? I mean if he's not willing to give up this non relationship, then MC may not work; but are you willing to try? Or just maybe what he needs is a wake-up call? Come home one day and find you gone. Do you have friends or family you can talk to/lean on for support if you needed to get away for a while?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The email was sent to him yesterday which he forwarded to me today. He claims he left her a voicemail for not even a minute saying that he can't have communication with her and that my wife, meaning me may call her. So her response was to send an email saying how sorry she is to have hurt me our marriage our family and that she thanks him for his last 12 months of friendship and running and that she learned a lot about running and wouldn't be where she is today had he not talked to her. I don't understand how she gets the magnitude and seriousness of this problem if they are not talking. His message he said only stated that my wife may call you. However the email is fine and dandy but I still have NO proof that this has been platonic. He can't show me one conversation from her nor text. His response was I can't do anything right and I could have just deleted it if I had known you would continue being suspicious. Now what ? He said call her and I said you call her with me on the line or on speaker and he said that would be odd but that I could call her myself. Really? And what do I say? Stay away from my husband when she just sent a note to me stating it was all about running. He's digging himself in deeper. Please help. Thx
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Is he a professional running coach?

·
Registered
450 Posts
He said call her and I said you call her with me on the line or on speaker and he said that would be odd

If all parties know what's going on, what would be odd about it? If he's got nothing to hide, then there shouldn't be a problem with him calling her on speaker for you to hear. She already knows there's an issue, if in fact she sent the email.

·
Premium Member
13,771 Posts
He is friendly with women and flirty and says that's who he is.
=/

I'm flirty and friendly with women and for a time I even drove my wife nuts by fun-flirting with women in front of her. Still, I don't have women on the side and for my wife and I our social circle is intertwined - meaning we don't befriend anyone unless they are cool with BOTH of us (and my wife tends to assert her claim on me rather quickly when we're meeting new women)

Still, I do have my own secrets (TAM), here's an example of why a man would want to delete evidence of extra-marital activity:
http://talkaboutmarriage.com/general-relationship-discussion/31636-wifey-closing-kill.html

Now I'm not saying that your husband is asking for advice on a random marital forum (lol), but it could be something similar, something that he feels he can't confide in you, so he confides in someone else, who could actually be a friend.

In the end my wife didn't believe me, and came on the forum, finding out every bad thing I said about her, ignoring all the good things - the very reason I didn't want her to come here. I told her the truth all along.

My advice:

Don't jump to conclusions until you have solid proof. And don't bother asking for the proof. No...

Show complacency, show that you trust him... wait until he has his guard down, then catch him. Only after you got the evidence, confront him - if you even want to at that point...

·
Administrator
44,531 Posts
You could put a key logger on his computer. That way you will get his passwords and see what he's doing on line. Then you can see if all his email is really deleted.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.