Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Group Counseling-abuse

801 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Readytogo 
#1 ·
My IC advised me to go to local women's abuse center and go through group counseling for abuse.

My H never physically assaulted me, but if he put me through mental abuse, emotional abuse, verbal abuse, monitoring, controlling, financial abuse, and sexual abuse, is this enough to go?

I guess I feel as if most the women go there have been through the physical abuse. I don't want to go and take time away from someone who may be more needing for the help?

Am I trying to make excuses? Maybe I'm just scared, I don't know. Maybe because it will make it "real"....

#2 ·
You've been given a suggestion to go. Find a group and contact the moderator and ask if it would be appropriate for you. I suspect you'll find an additional avenue of support and care.

#3 ·
I guess I feel as if most the women go there have been through the physical abuse. I don't want to go and take time away from someone who may be more needing for the help?

Am I trying to make excuses? Maybe I'm just scared, I don't know. Maybe because it will make it "real"....
No - you would not be taking time away from others. Physical abuse is horrible but, as it is said, the emotional/mental abuse stays with you longer. You need help - go and get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.