Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My IC advised me to go to local women's abuse center and go through group counseling for abuse.

My H never physically assaulted me, but if he put me through mental abuse, emotional abuse, verbal abuse, monitoring, controlling, financial abuse, and sexual abuse, is this enough to go?

I guess I feel as if most the women go there have been through the physical abuse. I don't want to go and take time away from someone who may be more needing for the help?

Am I trying to make excuses? Maybe I'm just scared, I don't know. Maybe because it will make it "real"....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You've been given a suggestion to go. Find a group and contact the moderator and ask if it would be appropriate for you. I suspect you'll find an additional avenue of support and care.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
I guess I feel as if most the women go there have been through the physical abuse. I don't want to go and take time away from someone who may be more needing for the help?

Am I trying to make excuses? Maybe I'm just scared, I don't know. Maybe because it will make it "real"....
No - you would not be taking time away from others. Physical abuse is horrible but, as it is said, the emotional/mental abuse stays with you longer. You need help - go and get it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
My IC advised me to go to local women's abuse center and go through group counseling for abuse.

My H never physically assaulted me, but if he put me through mental abuse, emotional abuse, verbal abuse, monitoring, controlling, financial abuse, and sexual abuse, is this enough to go?

Emotional scars last much longer than bruises - it will help you get stronger, make connections with other people and most of all help make you stronger for your future.

You are worth the time.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, it just makes me anxious.. and it's just hard to believe that I am in this situation.

Tomorrow, I'm going for my hiv test as well... just a lot on my mind... things I would have never imagined, as with most here, that I would have to go through..

·
Registered
293 Posts
Thank you, it just makes me anxious.. and it's just hard to believe that I am in this situation.

Tomorrow, I'm going for my hiv test as well... just a lot on my mind... things I would have never imagined, as with most here, that I would have to go through..

you are encouragement for all of us readers who are in similar situations . It will make you stronger for tomorrow. You're doing all the right things!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.