Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone, there is a new Dr. Oz endorsed product for rapid weight loss with zero side effects and it's the green coffee bean extract supplements. Below I am posting the information from the web site:

So, How Does Green Coffee Work Towards Weight Loss?

Doctor FormulationOK, let's get right into it. The truth is that it's not the caffeine in green coffee that helps with weight loss as many might think. In fact green coffee has only 20mg of caffeine per serving, compared to a cup of coffee which has over 100mg. The key to weight loss is a very important active compound called Chlorogenic Acid found inside green coffee beans. Chlorogenic Acid has the amazing effect of inhibiting the release of glucose in the body while increasing metabolism or fat burning in the liver. These two actions work together to inhibit the absorption of fat and stop weight gain.

Most people get almost all of their "energy" from the glucose that carbohydrates provide. There are several ways in which our bodies utilize glucose:

So what do you guys think? Hoax like most weight loss programs? This stuff is EXPENSIVE! It sounds like a new FAD, but I wonder what you, my TAM family think of this newfound "wonder drug."

·
Administrator
44,258 Posts
Here is the thing with all that stuff... If it's SOOOOO great, why do they have to hawk it carnival barker style? Wouldn't every MD be telling people about it?

Just my two pence. ;)
Unfortunately no, every MD would not be telling people. MD's are very careful about only telling people things are endorced by certain authorities. And those authorities only endorse something after years and years of expensive studies.

When something is cheap... it's hard to find a company or research facility that will pay for the expensive studies.. no real money to be made.

However, I'm not sure what to think about green coffee bean thing.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These days, I see this Dr. Oz guy everywhere giving advice about everything, talking so fast I can't understand what he is saying. I looked a bunch of sites that sell this supplement and the cheapest price is $50 which is way too much.

I too am thinking Snake Oil Salesman. I just wanted to know what you guys have heard of it.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, after I posted my last message on this subject I noticed that at the top of THIS SITE is an advertising banner for the green coffee bean weight loss stuff. Hmmmmm.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Dr Oz has a track record in endorsing fad dietary aids. A couple of years ago he was investigated for doing the same thing with Acai berry supplements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.