Talk About Marriage banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
If everyone is special it kind of makes the word redundant though doesn't it?

I always thought 'unique' was a more fitting word. Only one of you

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I must be getting old (sigh) I wish radio stations would stop broadcasting car horns and sirens! Sometimes it's in commercials and other times it's just random but it seems to happen right as I'm turning a corner or changing lanes catching me off guard and scareing the snot out of me.

·
Premium Member
6,640 Posts
Facebook is messing with our controls again. 😡

I use fb primarily for groups, and the majority of my 'friends' have been unfollowed - some for years.

So, today, my feed was flooded with posts from these unfollowed people, and my group posts that I'm supposed to be getting notifications from weren't showing up at all.

I have no clue how to fix this, and it's so annoying. 😫

·
Registered
658 Posts
Drove almost 1,100km today, and roadworks throughout the trip added over an hour to my overall trip time... That and the smoke detector in my motel room just started beeping (low battery).

Think I'm just gonna rip the thing out... The battery, not the detector!

On a positive note, there is a nice beer I am currently doing justice to...

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Just cancelled two packages that were due to arrive from Amazon this morning because they just kept being delayed. According to the tracking info, it left the shipping facility as of Monday evening and should have arrived as of Thursday but kept getting pushed back. And today the update was that 'Your package may be lost.' One of which was a book that was recommended to me. It's unfortunate but there's a first time for everything. But I'll try again.

·
Premium Member
6,640 Posts
Sorry if this has already been stated/discussed...

A few minutes ago on CNN, a woman was complaining that Trump received better care in the hospital - than I guess the average person would. And I heard a similar whinge somewhere else.

He's the president. Of course he's going to get better treatment.

Any president is going to receive the highest standard of medical care.

I don't really understand how this isn't evident to folks? 🤔

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
I may have already posted something like this because it really is one of my pet peeves. I hate restaurant and food sites that you sign up for e-mail for, and they NEVER offer any good deals, OR they only offer deals on huge family packs or for family meal, but never for one person who just wants an occasional discount or perk.

Also, I don't see how some of these specialty shops can still get business charging so much for shipping. Like See's Candies, for example. I mean, I get it in the summer when they have an option to refrigerator pack your candies, which might be a luxury worth paying for to some, but in the winter, what's their excuse? I mean it's almost as much as the box of chocolates.

Years ago, I was getting emails from a TexMex restaurant I liked and is conveniently close to me, a local restaurant small chain. They never once offered any perks. I finally emailed them about it when I had some other issues to gripe about (them standing right there while a kid from the next booth came and stuck her sticky fingers in my chips and didn't bat an eye or replace the chips). I dumped them. They were overpriced and they discontinued their best item anyway. And now, my least favorite waiter is working there to boot.

That's my gripe of the day. Yes, I have little problems. I have bigger ones, too, but....

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I've got a rant brewing, but it's not petty. I'll wait for the ''Mother of All Rants'' thread to be started before I unload.

lol, or I'll just post here, it's probably nothing! I dunno know

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm pissed about all the junk emails I get daily. It's taken over my email account. If I don't delete the junk, my email account will fail and outlook stops downloading email.

I HATE JUNK EMAIL... {this is not a petty rant, it's just a good old rant... :mad:o_O }
My email currently has 43,099 unopened emails, all junk.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I've got a rant brewing, but it's not petty. I'll wait for the ''Mother of All Rants'' thread to be started before I unload.

lol, or I'll just post here, it's probably nothing! I dunno know
Oh, don't worry, somebody will think it's petty! :)

Reactions: OnTheFly

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
My email currently has 43,099 unopened emails, all junk.
Man, first thing I do is delete or block those. What bugs me even more is how many spam calls I get on my desk phone, like 100 spams to every 1 legit call. I use it mostly for outcalling. I have all the tools to fight it, too. RoboCaller, National Do Not Call Registry, and tools from AT&T plus what they SAY they're doing...yeah.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Man, first thing I do is delete or block those. What bugs me even more is how many spam calls I get on my desk phone, like 100 spams to every 1 legit call. I use it mostly for outcalling. I have all the tools to fight it, too. RoboCaller, National Do Not Call Registry, and tools from AT&T plus what they SAY they're doing...yeah.
Same here on the calls and all those 43k junk mails are just the ones my spam filter doesn't catch and put in the spam folder.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
The cliche of a "bad boy" being attractive and good in bed while a "good guy" being boring in life and in bed is so annoying.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
I have spent petty much my entire adult life fighting violent radical extremists.

It is incredibly depressing to see so many of my own countrymen displaying the same patterns of radicalization that i see in the kind of people that beheaded over 50 people in mozambique last month.

That radicalization always starts with an us vs them mentality.

This whole dumpster fire of a year has been depressing.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have spent petty much my entire adult life fighting violent radical extremists.

It is incredibly depressing to see so many of my own countrymen displaying the same patterns of radicalization that i see in the kind of people that beheaded over 50 people in mozambique last month.

That radicalization always starts with an us vs them mentality.

This whole dumpster fire of a year has been depressing.
Those thoughts have crossed my mind also.

Can only imagine how it might be from your perspective.

I ponder all the dedications/monuments/memorial days of people's sacrifices past and present, in the name of 'democracy', when the very society that is sacrificed for is becoming the very thing they have fought against.

It seems that there is no 'middle ground' any more. Fear, has people lashing out in a desperate attempt to have security, strength in numbers, and not look inwards at their own possible short comings.

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
I’m done with online grocery ordering. 😝

Last night the delivery guy knocks and I open the door. He hands me one bag and says he wants to make sure I knew I had an order out here. So I’m like yea sure I do. I take the bag in and wait for him to bring the rest. In the bag is a 80$ prime rib that I didn’t order. I said God why must you test me so?!

So then it dawns on me- why would he only bring one bag up? So horror strikes as I realize not only did he give me someone else’s order, but he didn’t bring mine!

So I ran down the stairs in the building to the window and started waving like a nutcase to him because he’s still here in his car. He’s backing out of the parking lot. I’m screaming ‘HEYYY!!! !’ but he doesn’t see me.

So I run out into the parking lot in my fuzzy sock feet and then proceeded to chase him down the street screaming ‘HEYYY!! !!’ Ugh.🤦‍♀️

I swear this mother ****er saw me and kept driving.

So I call the 800# that you call when your order’s screwed up. They put me on hold and ignored me. No elevator music. Nothing. So on my second call to them, they’re still not answering so I’m trying something that I read about where if you scream, it triggers something in the system and they’ll get right to you.

So I’m screaming like **** THIS AND **** THAT when I hear a faint little knock on my door.

Uh huh. It was dude back. Thankfully the lady he delivered to after me was just down the street and she wanted her prime rib!!

So I tell him that I was cussing his ass like a dog! I started laughing because I was high and he must’ve been high too because he started laughing even harder! So I’m out there watching him lug these groceries up the stairs and he’s laughing and stumbling and I’m like oh wow I probably should’ve helped you with that. 😆

So we’re out there in the foyer rolling from laughing so much and I tell him that I’m sorry for the problems and he’s like are you kidding, you made my day! He apologized profusely for driving off on me. So I said so you DID see me?! Then we started rolling so hard we couldn’t even catch our breath. We stood there a few minutes longer and then he made his way down the stairs. I gave him a big thumbs up on the email survey of rating my driver, and that was that.

No more. Too many things are going wayyy wrong with it lately with how busy it is. I’m marching my lazy ass up to the store from now on.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts