Talk About Marriage banner

121 - 140 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
This is just a tiny rant. I don’t think it’s cool how just because some group comes up with another definition of something or what it means when I do that action or don’t do that action, then I automatically have to buy into it or risk being labeled something I’m not just because I’m trying to be silent and chill and mind my own business.

“Silence Is Violence” . :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Well that's what aspiring dictators do.

Reactions: starrider

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I don't even know if this is petty, but here goes.

I've lived here for over 20 years, and during that time, neither of my neighbors I share a chain link fence with have bothered to weedeat the fence line, just letting trees grow in the fence, ruining the fence.

The woman to my right has an excuse now because she has some physical problems in the past few years (no more than me), but she is just nuts about the back yard. She goes out there with Roundup and sprays everything. She has a low IQ (I can tell from the conversations) and I've tried to explain to her that's why all of the big trees in her back yard grew unnaturally tall and thin and then died and had to be taken out before they fell on something. So she has no trees. But she'll let all the trees that want to grow in the fence line. I guess she'd Roundup them if I'd give her the go-ahead, but not going to do that because I don't want my trees nearby to die. By the way, Roundup is probably WHY she has physical problems now. Her body just went haywire one day where she couldn't coordinate.

And then I've had one really good neighbor on the other side, who spent all this time on his garden and chickens, etc, and even HE didn't weedeat or help keep the sprouts from ruining the fence. Now I go over there between owners and clear them out, what I can get to. And none of them do any maintence on the weedfest that is behind their fence that obstructs my gate out in the alley.

Now I have a guy who spends all kinds of money and does his own mowing though. No weedeating. He wants to put up a wood fence though. If he does, I'll have all his weeds between it and the chain fence (I want to keep my chain fence because I have it dog-proofed).

So I paid to have the trimmer do my yard and the fence me and the lone woman share. I told her I was doing it. I've done it before. She never offers to pitch in $20 or anything. She tells me she has more for him to do front of her house, and I'm like, B***h, then hire him yourself. She's neglected her back fence to the point it is laying over and so is her gate.

That's my rant. Sorry for boring everyone. Had to get it off my chest before I take after one of my neighbors with my new snippers.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I'm grateful for a job, but I don't want to go tomorrow. The realization that my weekend is nearly over is slowly starting to sink in. (n)

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I'm grateful for a job, but I don't want to go tomorrow. The realization that my weekend is nearly over is slowly starting to sink in. (n)
Every morning when you wake up or before you go to sleep the night before, think of one thing you're looking forward to the next day no matter how small.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Every morning when you wake up or before you go to sleep the night before, think of one thing you're looking forward to the next day no matter how small.
I try. My days aren't all that long but tomorrow will be slightly longer than normal but it's no biggie. It's just getting up that's the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Here's a random. Annoying YouTube ads pop ups that asks if you're still watching the video. Well, duh. What cha think, YouTube? My goodness.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I try. My days aren't all that long but tomorrow will be slightly longer than normal but it's no biggie. It's just getting up that's the problem.
I know It's a grind. I do find that practice helpful though and have used it through my heaviest working years. And if I couldn't think of anything I look forward to that day, then I planned something, however big or small. Don't let yourself get to where you have nothing to look forward to.

Sometimes mine were as simple as wearing a new blouse or a new piece of jewelry or repotting a plant, but sometimes I would just promise myself a bunch of gladiolas or a trip to the dog park or eating at my favorite places.

Reactions: .339971

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Don't let yourself get to where you have nothing to look forward to.
Monday isn't so bad and I'm fine once it's out of the way. But I tend to look forward to any hobby or social interactions that I have (here for example and the paranormal board) and what I'm going to eat and how I can plan out my weekend. I just need to getaway from my job for awhile and the state.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Monday, again. Didn't I do this last week?
But today a designer called me. Which is unusual because she usually calls the residential guy. But she is doing a law office this week.
Now here is the rant part.
Why can't residential plans have interior elevations? I secretly think it is because the architect thinks that the home owner will just change all the cabinets anyway.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Monday, again. Didn't I do this last week?
But today a designer called me. Which is unusual because she usually calls the residential guy. But she is doing a law office this week.
Now here is the rant part.
Why can't residential plans have interior elevations? I secretly think it is because the architect thinks that the home owner will just change all the cabinets anyway.
That and they can't have a wank fest over how pretty everything is and show it off, unlike commercial developments

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
If your residential work isn't prettier than your comercial you won't survive in this biz.
Though I do agree that sometimes they do go a bit over the top on comercial.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Good God, why does it cost so much to have sheet vinyl flooring installed? I looked at Armstrong's checklist for their contractors and can see a dozen added charges on top of the basic charges. And Home Depot charges minimum $15 a sq. yard. The materials are cheap, but the installation is crazy. I always thought sheet vinyl was supposed to be "nothing to it" to install. I used to think I knew a handyman to do this but when I had him take up the carpet in the hall and put down the threshold strips, he seemed completely flumoxed and even pissed off that he had to do those right. So I'm afraid to hire him again. He says he knows how to do it, but I bet he doesn't know what to do about molding. I need a professional so they don't mess it up and make sure it's right, but I had no idea it would be such a big deal.

Reactions: C.C. says ...
121 - 140 of 166 Posts