Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read the new rules of the platform.

Been a pleasure. Be well all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Just read the new rules of the platform.

Been a pleasure. Be well all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you read and where did you read it?

·
Registered
13,196 Posts
Does this have to do with the terms of use?

I scanned them and found a couple of possible concerns.

What are yours please oh poster with the broken ankle?:)

·
Administrator
43,981 Posts
Does this have to do with the terms of use?

I scanned them and found a couple of possible concerns.

What are yours please oh poster with the broken ankle?:)
Where did you find the terms for use?

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
EleGirl, the very bottom banner of the page has a "Terms of Use" link. ConanHub, what in particular did you object to (there is the normal -- we record your id, the IP of the ISP, and browser you use", but i think EVERY website does that for the most part now).

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
If I was to guess I'd guess this:
You agree to grant to TalkAboutMarriage.com a non exclusive, royalty free, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to reproduce, distribute, transmit, sublicense, create derivative works of, publicly display, publish and perform any materials and other information you submit to any public areas, chat rooms, bulletin boards, newsgroups or forums of TalkAboutMarriage.com or which you provide by email or any other means to TalkAboutMarriage.com and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, you grant to TalkAboutMarriage.com the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites. You agree that you shall have no recourse against VerticalScope Inc. for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communications to TalkAboutMarriage.com.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
This:

Further, you grant to TalkAboutMarriage.com the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites.

This is a little disconcerting. It may be a typical disclaimer but it reaches pretty far.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Further, you grant to TalkAboutMarriage.com the right to use your name and or user name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto, together with use on any other VerticalScope Inc. web sites.

This is a little disconcerting. It may be a typical disclaimer but it reaches pretty far.
Yeah, that is a bit excessive.

·
Administrator
43,981 Posts

Yeah, that is a bit excessive.
I think that using the username is not that big a deal since most here do not use their real name as their user name. It's certainly highly discouraged.

Also, for the most part, no one here knows the real name of other posters, or at list they are not recorded in user profiles.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
I think that using the username is not that big a deal since most here do not use their real name as their user name. It's certainly highly discouraged.

Also, for the most part, no one here knows the real name of other posters, or at list they are not recorded in user profiles.
We're not using our real names because we don't want to be outed, this is a site to talk frankly. Or it was. l'm not worried about another user here finding out my real name but I believe we were required to give our real names when we registered, so these terms and conditions are removing the privacy aspect from this site. That needs to be changed or I'm going to be out too.

·
Administrator
43,981 Posts
We're not using our real names because we don't want to be outed, this is a site to talk frankly. Or it was. l'm not worried about another user here finding out my real name but I believe we were required to give our real names when we registered, so these terms and conditions are removing the privacy aspect from this site. That needs to be changed or I'm going to be out too.
No, there was no requirement to give your real name when you registered.

·
Administrator
43,981 Posts
No, there was no requirement to give your real name when you registered.
In the old forum platform there was no requirement to give your real name.
There is no such requirement on this new platform either. Here is a screen shot of the new registration form...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts