Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about this this morning and wanted to ask everyone here. Someone in another thread I was commenting on made a statement about an attractive scale number.

I have stated before that I am not physically attracted to my wife.
If given the option between two women/men who had very similar personalities, ideals, and beliefs, would you rather be with someone (long term relationship, marriage) who was really good in bed and you had sex often with (often by your own standards) but is a 5 or with someone who is just okay in bed and you only have sex occasionally (by your own standards) but is closer to an 8?

I know it is hypothetical, but this is the question I have in my head quite often.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Every woman is beautiful if that's the way her man chooses to see her. Every woman is great in bed if that's the way her man perceives her. Likewise, the sexiest woman alive could be ugly if her man chooses to see her so.
Yes, if you take the personality into account when judging how attracted you are to someone. But what about that glance across the room and first look at someone when you don't know them. That perception of looks is what I am talking about.
Yes, in a marriage we all know about the feelings and love and how all of that impacts perception. That is not what I am talking about.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I don't understand the question. I guess because it's hypothetical...

But, I may find someone a 5, but to someone else he'd be a 10. Or the other way around. I think my husband is a 10 and he's amazing in bed...but to someone else it could be not so.

Your wife will be a 10 to someone. Appreciate her or not, but wow...do you even want to be married?

·
Registered
191 Posts

But, I may find someone a 5, but to someone else he'd be a 10. Or the other way around. I think my husband is a 10 and he's amazing in bed...but to someone else it could be not so.

Your wife will be a 10 to someone. Appreciate her or not, but wow...do you even want to be married?
I think it's pretty apparent from all his posts that he doesn't. Definitely a glass is half empty type of person.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Your wife will be a 10 to someone. Appreciate her or not, but wow...do you even want to be married?[/QUOTEI ]

It is unlikely that someone one person sees as a 5 will be a 10 to someone else. To me, a 10 is rare. And again, I am basing this based only on looks, not one adding in personality. We all know that once you get to know someone and begin to love them, that attracted to scale can easily go up.
Simplifying the question: would you rather have great sex with someone less attractive or just eh sex with someone you personally see as much more attractive.

Myself, I would rather have the much more attractive person and the okay sex.

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I thought my husband was the hottest man I'd ever seen. And then he spoke and I was sure of it. But what I think is "the hottest ever" won't be hot for someone else.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It's so true.

I had nice looking men with mediocre sex and it just wasn't cutting it because I'm HD.

So thankfully I got a HD man whom I thought was hot.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I can honestly answer the OP's question. My husband was not what I would have been attracted to in the slightest. He is 6/7" shorter than me, and looked nothing like the men I typically would have gone for. However, he pestered me until I went out with him. Our first night in bed, I knew he was the one for me. He might not have physically drawn me, but his skill hooked me.

So, I would rather have a '5', who is skilled and loves often...because that is what makes someone a 10.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.