Talk About Marriage banner

Should kids have contact with parents and parents'ex, even if they are not the parent

• yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • NO

• only if they have children together

• no clue

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I need advice. Im in a relatively new relationship. We moved fast and we are living together, me her son and her. (PS, IM GAY) Im not used to children but i really love this kid and the woman im with is everything i could dream of. Ive had some rough past relationships.
Heres the thing. I know I am a jealous person. she knows too as i told her at the beginning of this relationship. No surprises but i didn't want to be passive aggressive and grumpy.
issue: Her son has very limited contact with his father. I think that sucks for her son but that's the father doing. But every so often he pops up talks to his kid, hits on my girlfriend who pays him no mind and disappears again. Now after having her son she came out as lesbian and was with her ex girlfriend for 3 years. The ex girlfriend and her split up due to drug issues and my gf moved out. The ex girlfriend in now in recovery and wants to chat with my girlfriends son. I am having a problem with this. I have told her this but its not going to stop.
My side: its hard enough bonding with a kid who has little stability and getting into the roll (though not the title) of being a parent. I expect his father to be in his life. its his dad after all and the child deserves a father. What I cant wrap my head around is now a girl who spent four years with him is our lives as well. Am I over thinking this? I am a little insecure as well.... but I cant harp on that as my gf assured me there is nothing there. Are ex's ex's and should be gone, not parents? What if there is a child involved?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The child's father will (hopefully) always be in his child's life.

Your gay?

Your gf is a lesbian?

I'm confused... God knows what you are feeling.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.