Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks guys. Just having people giving some 3rd party feelings is great. So much sadness in this world, but at the same time so much strength and resolve.
I am going to try and work on me. I had a horrible weekend(friends DWI and too much emotion and separating files and stuff)
I also went to her fathers house. He and I are pretty close and haven't talked since any of this went down. We had a good talk.
Time to actually eat something and hopefully more than 3 hours sleep.
Thanks again guys!!! Keep your chin up son

·
Banned
19,355 Posts
Thanks guys. Just having people giving some 3rd party feelings is great. So much sadness in this world, but at the same time so much strength and resolve.
I am going to try and work on me. I had a horrible weekend(friends DWI and too much emotion and separating files and stuff)
I also went to her fathers house. He and I are pretty close and haven't talked since any of this went down. We had a good talk.
Time to actually eat something and hopefully more than 3 hours sleep.
Thanks again guys!!! Keep your chin up son
Stay away from her relatives.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey guys. Again, I appreciate the support and thoughts.
I think that I have finally accepted the fact that our relationship is over. It may take some time to get the house sold and divorce paperwork done. I think I am beginning to accept the facts and what is going to happen.
I am going to try and be friendly when around her while not letting delusions of a future relationship with her enter my mind.
It has been a little over 2 months since she broke the news and moved out. It took me this long to start accepting the facts. Now I think it is on to phase 2, getting myself moved out and the house sold and paperwork done.
Thanks guys!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hey guys. Again, I appreciate the support and thoughts.
I think that I have finally accepted the fact that our relationship is over. It may take some time to get the house sold and divorce paperwork done. I think I am beginning to accept the facts and what is going to happen.
I am going to try and be friendly when around her while not letting delusions of a future relationship with her enter my mind.
It has been a little over 2 months since she broke the news and moved out. It took me this long to start accepting the facts. Now I think it is on to phase 2, getting myself moved out and the house sold and paperwork done.
Thanks guys!
I'm glad you're able to move on. Keep up the good work.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The friend zone comment was good. Not what I need in my life right now. The stbx is coming over tomorrow to go through some more of our stuff and split stuff up. She is not asking for anything that's not hers so far and hopefully we can keep up the positive attitudes. I am planning on letting her stay at the house until it is sold as neither of us want it anymore. I will move in with my parents until I find a better living situation.
Man I am glad we waited on having kids. I can't imagine how people with kids and a hostile relationship with their x go through this stuff. My heart goes out to all of you who did or are going through it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
OK just jumping in here. But I have a thought or two about your situation. I'm a little stunned that your X's excuse for the D is that she wants to travel.

I have a friend who absolutely loves to travel, and does so once or twice a year. Her H isn't as interested in traveling, and it's also more challenging for him to get time off work. He is totally supportive of her traveling, and sometimes he'll join her towards the end of her trip for a long weekend or so. It works for them, so unless you told her you don't want her to travel I don't see how that couldn't be compromised. In terms of her working abroad, well, that's just selfish considering she has a great H here in the U.S. She's going all "Eat, Love and Pray" on you apparently.

Since the D seems to definitely be happening, it's going to be best for you to separate yourself from her and her family as much as possible. You're obviously being super nice about this situation. Being friends with an X is all good until someone gets mad. It doesn't take much sometimes.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The friend zone comment was good. Not what I need in my life right now. The stbx is coming over tomorrow to go through some more of our stuff and split stuff up. She is not asking for anything that's not hers so far and hopefully we can keep up the positive attitudes. I am planning on letting her stay at the house until it is sold as neither of us want it anymore. I will move in with my parents until I find a better living situation.
Man I am glad we waited on having kids. I can't imagine how people with kids and a hostile relationship with their x go through this stuff. My heart goes out to all of you who did or are going through it.
Consider yourself lucky and give thanks for all your blessings

Get selfish in a good way now and only regarding dissolving the relationship. She is not your friend. get what is yours and get her out of your life.

Don't be angry about it, be indifferent. Yours is the only cause that matters now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So we went through some more stuff this weekend. Good attitudes and no emotional stuff. It is a little tough that we will be seeing each other weekly to deal with house stuff and to pass the dog back and fourth. Again, I can't really *****. I got it easy.
As much as it hurts at times, I no longer care what the reasoning is behind the D. It just makes it worse to think why.
I am going to be staying at my folks starting this weekend. Time to get back in the game and enjoy myself. Easier said than done.

·
Registered
304 Posts
As much as it hurts at times, I no longer care what the reasoning is behind the D. It just makes it worse to think why.
I am going to be staying at my folks starting this weekend. Time to get back in the game and enjoy myself. Easier said than done.
I think this is a good attitude. I would say stay polite but detached, even if you don't want to.

I hope being at your parent's helps.

·
Banned
19,355 Posts
So we went through some more stuff this weekend. Good attitudes and no emotional stuff. It is a little tough that we will be seeing each other weekly to deal with house stuff and to pass the dog back and fourth. Again, I can't really *****. I got it easy.
Why are you passing the dog back and forth?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Trying to stay calm and relax. Staying at the folks is more to stash a little bit of money while we try to sell the house, or get her to buy me out.
We are going to share our dog. At least for now. It is the only thing we both want. So rather than make a big stink about it we are just going to try and do a joint custody thing. I know it sounds a bit silly, but if this is the only sticking point then I think I am doing well.
After hearing about others stories, my story seems so lame and easy.
Thanks for listening and input!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.