Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've started seeing someone, we met online and really seem to be a match. We had a date and things seem to go well, even kissed quite a few times during the night. After a few days we hadnt talked, we'd both had been busy. Later in the week she told me that she thought I was very sweet, had a wonderful time, and appreciated every moment. Am I reading too much into her comments about being a sweet guy. I've always been told that's a signal for "friendship," or too nice. Now, she's a little older than me, so I assume that also means a little wiser. She's always been sincere with her words, but they say women usually mean more than what they say....(they say a lot). Am I reading to much into it? I think I am, but don't really know......

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
So I've started seeing someone, we met online and really seem to be a match. We had a date and things seem to go well, even kissed quite a few times during the night. After a few days we hadnt talked, we'd both had been busy. Later in the week she told me that she thought I was very sweet, had a wonderful time, and appreciated every moment. Am I reading too much into her comments about being a sweet guy. I've always been told that's a signal for "friendship," or too nice. Now, she's a little older than me, so I assume that also means a little wiser. She's always been sincere with her words, but they say women usually mean more than what they say....(they say a lot). Am I reading to much into it? I think I am, but don't really know......
Maybe. Too early to tell. Just see how it goes on further dates. I mean, the last thing you said about appreciating every moment is a good sign. I don't know that she would have said that if she was only feeling friend not romance feelings. And I don't think you would have gotten kisses either.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
So I've started seeing someone, we met online and really seem to be a match. We had a date and things seem to go well, even kissed quite a few times during the night. After a few days we hadnt talked, we'd both had been busy.

Bad signal. If she was " into you " she would have at least texted later that night or the very next day.
She's checking out other options.

Later in the week she told me that she thought I was very sweet, had a wonderful time, and appreciated every moment.

In " girl speak " puppies are sweet , kittens are sweet , babies are cute and sweet.
If she says that you're sweet .......:scratchhead:

I've always been told that's a signal for "friendship," or too nice.

.....and there's some truth to that.

Now, she's a little older than me, so I assume that also means a little wiser.

Maybe....
But that doesn't mean she doesn't want a man who's strong , confident and could rock her world

She's always been sincere with her words, but they say women usually mean more than what they say....(they say a lot). Am I reading to much into it? I think I am, but don't really know......

No you're not reading too much. You like her and you want to know if she feels the same. But you lack confidence.
With women,
Always trust your gut instinct. Time to up your game if you want to captivate her attention.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
I've never called a man that rocked my world "sweet". Even now I can't even bring myself to utter that word to describe my husband of 21 years. Sweet? Hardly.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think a guy could be sweet and bad at the same time. Just depends on when and how you show it. First date? Maybe a sign of trouble but like someone else said, a bit early to tell.

Do you know anything about her history, what types of guys she typically is attracted to, how her personality is, and all that? Lot to find out on a first date, but if she is clearly into guys that aren't the nice guy type then that tells you something.

i've learned that in most cases a woman wants a guy who is nice and like a prince charming but deep down they want a man who is a little dangerous, going to show them a hell of a good time, and can curl their toes in many many ways.

just from my own experience - taught me to let me bad boy side out instead of holding back.

Joe

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not sure I understand. Did you call her or did she call you later that week?? When you talked to her, did you make plans for another date? That would have given you your answer.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
I think it's a good sign. A guy can be sweet and manly. Call me old fashioned but I dont call a guy after a first date. I prefer the man I date to take the lead and do most of the initiating in the beginning. If he is interested he will. I will recipricate, be appreciative and make it known that I had a good time and enjoyed his company, and respond warmly to his advances
:iagree:

I would say give it a few more dates before jumping to any conclusions. Frankly, anything more than what said would be a red flag after one date.

Like the above poster, I'm also old fashioned when it comes to dating. I leave the man to do the chasing and my response will let him know if I'm interested or not. In the initial stages of dating I would send a text thanking a guy for a date, but would leave it to him to suggest another one.

·
Banned
1,967 Posts
Its a good sign to me anyway she wasn't calling you immediately.It could be an indication that she is not the type to fall head over heals in love after one date .That she isn't willing to stop her whole life and routine(or obsess) over any guy that takes an interest in her.

The sweet thing?Take it as a compliment then say I'll be in touch later maybe we can go out again.Stop being so insecure.Even if the end result was (or is) she just wasn't "feeling it" so what?Falling "in love" after meeting on the net and one date would scare me more!

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I'm also old fashioned when it comes to dating. I leave the man to do the chasing and my response will let him know if I'm interested or not. In the initial stages of dating I would send a text thanking a guy for a date, but would leave it to him to suggest another one.
I would be exactly the same as this ^^^. If a woman looks too eager, for many men- that is a huge turn off anyway, like she is EASY.

I strongly believe the man has to put himself out there....I would WAIT to see if HE contacts me again...I would be as happy as a clam if I was interested and ....there would BE a show of enthusiasm that he would not miss- in my responses & exchanges with him.

I would never say anything to lead someone on -if I wasn't interested. If I used the term Sweet, it would not mean anything bad, as I prefer those types of men. Though not all women feel this way- as you can read from these replies on this thread.

She's always been sincere with her words, but they say women usually mean more than what they say....(they say a lot). Am I reading to much into it? I think I am, but don't really know...
Women complain men are too nice, but I think women are too often wish washy...in allowing a guy to hang on when they know darn well they are not interested. This is a problem as well.. so just be forward, go after what you want, if she is going to reject you ....you'll soon catch on....so you can MOVE on to another who may appreciate your unique qualities.

·
Banned
294 Posts
I'm 31 and dated a lot before I got married so kind of can see where it's going.

The fact that she kissed you on the first date is a good sign. The fact that you hadn't talked in a few days is a bit odd. A girl would just ignore you after a date if she wasn't interested, but a girl doesn't really want to make the first contact again after a 1st date. They usually wait for the guy to call or text. As the guy, you should have contacted her after your date if you were interested. I'd say at most 2 days later but preferably 1 day later.

The fact that you hadn't contacted her after a few days tells her you're not interested. If she initiated contact first after all that time saying how you're sweet, etc., it's probably a sign she likes you and wants to open communication again.

I say your next step is to call her and tell her "Let's go get dinner at (insert restaurant)." She'll like that you're taking control and if she's interested she will agree. If she turns you down, never call her again.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Time will tell.

I called my online date a "sweetheart" by our 3rd date.

We've been married for 2 years :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.