Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are future social changes post covid others see as a possibility?

If it gets bad locally I think it will change the tourism industry quite a bit.
Less people attending, mini-golf, go carts, and crowding into bars.

Currently wearing a mask still gets me looked at like a bit of a freak around the construction areas, but not grocery stores.

·
Premium Member
24,139 Posts
The first and biggest change will happen in the travel industry. I could easily see along with TSA checks there will be a demand for biometric testing. While there is no universal test for all potential viruses, I could easily see metrics employed to ensure passengers are not showing symptoms in any way. If they do, the airlines refuses them access to fly. For this particular virus, there is already the capability to get rapid results and this would be simple to employ.

This is the principle way in which viruses spread, speedy travel.

I could see major changes in institutions, like schools and universities along with athletes at all levels. I also believe that those in licensed professions (massage therapist, dentist, physical therapist, etc) would all have to be screened for this virus and require added steps for their clients before they see them at their appointments. Large sporting and entertainment venues would be left up to promoters to figure out.

I definitely see mask as just another clothing item that will become common place. I don’t have issue with this and believe it will just be common courtesy for people to wear it in public places like shopping malls, grocery stores, etc.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I think the American people are resilient, and things will return to normal. But because of being institutionalized, will the need to follow blindly for a time but will cease.

The bio crap is the way they would want to do but it may be the RFID implant. And this may destroy the culture but again.

America is not above any civil discourse. And it may happen, by Patriots and those who will not want the dystopian future.

Or those programmed followers. Just look at antifascism, and it's followers. Violence, it seems is the final tide turner. Because not everyone will adopt these measures, the result is outcast, then when the controlling power make 2nd class people this is the game changer.

·
Premium Member
24,139 Posts
I believe you will find a lot more professionals utilizing tele-practice over in-person contacts. This will be good for certain high-tech businesses.

My fear is that in the wake of this pandemic some businesses will close shop for good. I also fear that international trade will take a big hit both import and export. If it does return it will take time and trust to reach levels we saw before the pandemic.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Haven’t had time to research repercussions of this yet.

Post covid I could see food prices skyrocketing for at least a couple years.
Depending on how long it takes to re-establish the herds.
Eta: video is informational as it addresses so many points.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
The number of storefronts with For Lease signs so quickly is large around here. (I think many may have been in precarious shape, but still.)
And THIS is heartbreaking --- all those folks who just wanted their own business to support their families -- now all gone. Yeah, most of these may have been barely alive, but they WERE alive. Really tough.

Honestly, I think the ENTIRE bailout process for checks should NOT be based on income -- they should go COMPLETELY to folks who have lost their jobs. I have my job, I don't need any gov't check (I won't get one either I don't qualify).

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I recognize the fine line.

For those interested in legality of quarantine I have posted articles referencing a few of legal precedents going back to after the constitution was ratified in coronavirus thread.

A good example would be the leper colonies.

High court has continued to uphold states right to take whatever means necessary to protect the public health.

Whether those implementations are reversed afterwards, and how they remain and affect the future may depend to local elections.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts