Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we seem to have a bunch of gym rats here...share the funny/crazy/strange things you've seen.

There was a woman at my gym stepping up on a stacked set of plastic steps. She looked to be about 60, and she looked awkward doing it.

I'm only laughing about this b/c she wasn't hurt. As I was walking past her a 2nd time, she stepped up, the steps slipped forward, and she fell flat on her azz, making all kinds of noise as stuff crashed around her. I raced over, and she whispered, "I'm stuck." She was pinned in against a wall, feet propped up on the steps, with other steps and med balls surrounding her. I pulled her up, and asked if she was okay. She was, but she kept saying over and over how embarrassed she was. I told her not to worry...it happens. Which is true, b/c I've lots of people crashing and doing all kinds of crazy things in gyms over the years.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
I always think that those junior bodybuilders types are funny trying to strutt around the gym and heaven forbid a pretty gal walks by them they start sucking it in so much its hard to get oxygen in the place

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another one...

Yesterday I noticed that a guy I talk to sometimes in the gym had a big gash on his forehead. He told me he was doing incline bench with a bar with collars...no spotter, and nobody near. He couldn't do his last rep, so he tried to throw the bar up over his head. He managed to do that, after scraping the middle grip part of the bar across his forehead.

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Or how about those wankers that put too much weight on the curling bar for biceps and end up swinging the bar versus slow and steady

·
Registered
663 Posts
Similar to the above post with the curls, I laugh when you see a guy load up the plates on the squat rack only to do a handful of quarter to half reps. He would get more out of leg extensions.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Wifey fell off the treadmill last week. Just plain forgot to move her legs and flew off backwards.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
saw a guy apparently trying to do a hack squat in the leg press machine.
He put his shoulder on the foot rest, and his feet on the head rest.
And got stuck, because he couldn't reach the lever that releases the weight rack.

·
Registered
462 Posts
wife and i were at the gym a few years back and a lady was in front of us doing stiff legged deadlifts,next thing i know my wife elbows me in the ribs and whispered look, watched her doing that excerise with her lower lips hanging out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Wifey fell off the treadmill last week. Just plain forgot to move her legs and flew off backwards.
I've done that. It was so embarassing. And inevitably a gorgeous guy helped me up to make it all the worse.

Reactions: In_The_Wind

·
Registered
462 Posts
almost had a whoops moment yesterday at the gym, got on treadmill and someone just shut it off while set on high,damn near went flying off.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Had to have an ankle fused when I was 18, so I have a different routine for legs than most. I'll do leg presses with both legs, then lower the weight to do extra with the weaker leg. I usually work out in my home gym, but a couple of cities where I travel have good pay-as-you-go gym passes, so my funny story was in a gym in a college town recently. A guy there was obviously trying to impress others, and you could tell that he had probably had about a year or so of working out under his belt. He came over while I was in between sets on the leg press and asked if he could work in. He was really arrogant, and announced that he'd need to add about 25 pounds. He strained and groaned loudly, making it seem like he was really pumping iron. When he got off, he went to pull the weight back off, and I told him that it was okay to leave it, since I was working my way up in weight. I sat down in it, smiled, and said, "I'm just working my left leg," and pressed it about 15 times with one leg.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.