Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
241 - 260 of 277 Posts

·
Banned
1,753 Posts
Hang on--
It seems like I saw a thread somewhere else from a woman upset that her husband's friend waltzed around the kitchen in his boxers, and her husband did nothing about it.

Where was that...?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hang on--
It seems like I saw a thread somewhere else from a woman upset that her husband's friend waltzed around the kitchen in his boxers, and her husband did nothing about it.

Where was that...?
Do worry about it Forest, its just the double standard. Damn if a guy sticks up for his marriage or Damn if he doesn't. But some will continue to make fun of having morals and celebrate low morals and indecency.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Do worry about it Forest, it’s just the double standard. Damn if a guy sticks up for his marriage or Damn if he doesn't. But some will continue to make fun of having morals and celebrate low morals and indecency.

You Mad Bro?

Seriously this thread was solved pages ago with the OP but you keep coming on hounding your point over. We get it this is a trigger or something for you. We have all told the OP it’s his choice what he wants to do and he made it. No one has gone against it.

The thing is there are people out there that have different views and some see this as not a deal breaker and some as do. No one is right and wrong but you seem to want to be the moral police. This situation on what we were told for some could be a cheater deal or just a longtime friend wearing some boxers in his house deal. The thing is no view is def right or wrong so just chill out and stop getting on a high horse that anyone that does not view this as a friend sleeping w friends wife as what is going on.

The OP and most have moved on you should too.

·
Banned
3,224 Posts
So everyone who is freaked out by the dude in boxers has never been to the beach and seen guys in speedos? The outlines are a lot worse than a penis that as far as we are aware remained safely hidden.

Do I like speedos? Nope. Guys in thong suits? No way. I'd rather see a guy in boxers. Less of him to see.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
The old budgie smuggler, so few can wear them well, perhaps no one can.

I hope we can we get to 20 pages, my wife and I are enjoying the batter. :)

·
Registered
8,107 Posts
Here's to getting to 20 pages. My husband's take was similar as me. No problem with the boxers scenario. He added, if there was a vibe or flirtation that's more the issue. Other details and questions seem unanswered here. Being so long ago, memory can be fickle. Instincts are to be trusted though.

Last couple of pages made me laugh. My bestie and her husband were moving back overseas. After dinner and drinks, I went back to her place to spend more time before having to say goodbye. Her husband (who was in bed and had work the next day) was accommodating to us chatting in the front room until about 2am. Then we had to say our farewells :( She woke him up to say goodbye. Wiping his bleary eyes, and wearing his boxers and tshirt, he lifted me up in the biggest hug. Then my friend and I hugged. God I miss them. Maybe I ought to have told him to put pants on before he hugged me.

·
Banned
1,753 Posts
Do worry about it Forest, its just the double standard. Damn if a guy sticks up for his marriage or Damn if he doesn't. But some will continue to make fun of having morals and celebrate low morals and indecency.

If the husband doesn't approve -- he's a controlling oaf that thinks women are flighty little trollops unable to govern their own emotions? What if the husband takes no notice? Is he then a spineless wimp, dumbly labeled by some undesirable Greek letter?

That's some hedging Vegas would appreciate.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Female liberty at stake? Some people on this board are such puritanical drama queens. Ready to assign sinister or sexual motive to everything - what depressing lives you must lead. Filled with anger and suspicion. But continue to kid yourselves by saying it's just reason and logic :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,603 Posts

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
If I was the wife, this what I would be thinking:

"OMG, husband's friend is only wearing his boxers and is standing too close to me. I wish he would put on his clothes. This is inappropriate and I'm uncomfortable but I won't say anything because I hate confrontation, avoid conflict and I don't like making people feel bad. I'll just stand here feeling awkward and hope he goes away soon."

See how that can work with some women?

And the reason why she's asking after your friend is because she's concerned about your friendship with him.

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Whether real, imagined or even contrived, this thread fits a classic scenario we see not just here on TAM. We are given a scenario that puts a husband in an awkward social situation involving his wife and another male. Where the husbands perception, real or imagined is that the other male is inappropriate but the wife seems not to notice it and our or simply has a different view than her husband about it. So that is the general set.

We have a triangle. Varying combinations of relationships here. Conflicting priorities. PVT. Pressure Volume Temperaure. Changing any one factor of this triangle can impact the other two. A dilemma is created for our hero. That is the OP. We are asked to see it from his perspective. Indeed one can try and put themselves in the shoes or boxer shorts in this case of the different individuals.

When given bits and pieces of said puzzle we must fill in the gaps. Questions get asked. Sometimes there is trickle truth. Sometimes the questions are just ignored or obfuscated leaving further ambiguity. Which can lead to motivation for the thread. But whatever the motivation, it is interesting to me anyway the way the posters interact on this including myself.

So the gaps get filled by varying means. I suspect in combinations depending on ones own experience and ones problem solving abilities. Projection or logic? LOL. This is usually determined by how closely the other posters opinion is to our own. But it also comes down to perceptions, values and agendas. Oh and certainly culture. Demographics.

Maybe more importantly than all of this, it comes down to how one perceives the roles in marriage when dealing with these situations.

We have the jealousy, insecurty and controlling thrown in.

Creative uses of the old alpha/beta spin. I agree with GettingIT on this aspect. That it came down to the OP making a decision based on what he perceived.

Friends versus Marriage relationships. A husband playing c0ckblocker. This actualy goes on and on.

As I said I was not there but knowing myself, if I came away with the conclusion that the friend was inappropriate I would not surpress it. I would deal with it the best I knew how. It is a real time decision some times. Some feel the husband has little say so here whatsoever. That it is all on the wife that in some way the husband intervening was controlling his wife. WTF? This is why I say that as the husband I would feel disrespected. Whether we think the wife should have done this or that is another question.

With just the information given, and from just my view, priorities and yes culture, I say the husband goes with his gut. Right or wrong walking around in nothing but boxers with extended family such as this is not something the folks I socialize with would be ok with. Just like the yoga pants discussion ones picture of the attire varies dramtically. No pictures or it did not happen as it has been said.

So the next time this story goes on the net maybe someone will tweak a parameter. It seemed to matter whether these were boxer briefs or boxers. So there is some low hanging fruit of the loom for us. Switching roles perhaps. The wife is in the kitchen in a nightgown only and that depending on the morning light becomes ambiguously less opaque. What she normally wears when alone with hubby and her half sister Allison. The friend is visiting and helping to make ... pancakes and sausage. They can still interact in the "boner zone". Hmmm. Maybe this IS the yoga pants discsussion again. LOL. But these are the sheer ones.

Or perhaps she is just flat not wearing her burqua.

Suggested reading list :

[x] Art Of War
[x] His Needs Her Needs
[x] MMSL
[x] Standard Pressure Volume Temperature Data for Polymers
[x] PUA Field Guide: Kino Escalation
[x] Friends With Benefits
[x] Not Just Friends
[x] Wonderful Tonight: George Harrison, Eric Clapton, and Me ( Pattie Boyd )
[x] The French Lieutenant's Woman
[x] Boxers Versus Briefs
[x] Breaking Amish
[x] Florida Trailor Parks Guide
[x] Firemen's Calendar
[x] Not With My Wife you don't
[x] He's not my father
[x] Context Matters
[x] Size Matters
[x] Dress For Success
[x] Cooking in the Nude: A Practical Guide
[x] British Etiquette: Are We Too Polite?
[x] Art Of C0ckblocking: Chapter 42 The Boner Zone
[x] Thunder Run: Penetrating the Tigris & Euphrates to Baghdad
[x] Jessie's Girl
[x] General F. Waddery

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
This is getting ridiculous! No one is attacking his wife! No one is saying women are evil. Really don't know where this is coming from. His friend overstepped a boundary, not because he didn't have a choice but because he chose to. And OP closed it down real fast (whether his wife enjoyed it or not). The question poised was did he do the right thing because he perceived this "friend" to be hitting on his wife. And the answer is very simple - it's either yes or no. A lot of us believe he did the right thing and this in a lot of our cases is based on experience. Others here seem to be going off on some women's rights crusade.

·
Banned
1,753 Posts
This is getting ridiculous! No one is attacking his wife! No one is saying women are evil. Really don't know where this is coming from.
Its because you're male, and don't realize the entire male race exists only to trample and insult women. Sometimes you have to turn over rocks, and finish people's thoughts for them to realize it, though.

(that's to maintain an equal and opposite reaction)

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
:scratchhead:
This is getting ridiculous! No one is attacking his wife! No one is saying women are evil. Really don't know where this is coming from. His friend overstepped a boundary, not because he didn't have a choice but because he chose to. And OP closed it down real fast (whether his wife enjoyed it or not). The question poised was did he do the right thing because he perceived this "friend" to be hitting on his wife. And the answer is very simple - it's either yes or no. A lot of us believe he did the right thing and this in a lot of our cases is based on experience. Others here seem to be going off on some women's rights crusade.
How the hell is this a "womans rights crusade"? So she has the right to allow another man to disrespect her husband in her house? What?:scratchhead:

241 - 260 of 277 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.