Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a female friend (45) who divorced her husband 6 years ago. We have been friends with both of them for 17 years & there was tension in their marriage.
The reason she gave for kicking him out of the marial home was that he was too harsh with their 4 kids (they were very annoying kids) & he would not get a full time teaching contract. He worked as a relief teacher & had work pretty much every day. He said he did that because it was less stressful (high school maths teacher). Problem is, he did not have an income over the holiday breaks. Mind you, this woman would not work either, she had 4 kids, even when they started school she would not work.
The exwife is a very controlling, demanding woman. She will not listen to anyone & is of the opinion that she is not at fault in anything that ever happens. They did the whole counselling thing, many times, as soon as a counselor told her she had things that needed addressing she would leave.

Now, she is getting re-married next month. I think there is something off with the guy she is marrying. So does my H. This guy does not work, apparently he has a shoulder injury. He has turned her yard into a junk heap of old cars & trash. I find him somewhat creepy, but cannot put my finger on the problem. He does not have a house, he lived on a run down boat when she met him. He was doing handyman work, she found his ad in the paper.
I was at her place yesterday trying to help her organize their engagement party. I listened to this guy call her 14yo daughter feral, her sons lazy & her exH manipulative. She just sat there & agreed. This from a woman who would not let the kid's own father discipline them. The kids now live more with their father than the mother.

What I am feeling will happen is once they are married next month, he will start to control her & cut her off from people she has known, as well as cut her off from her kids. I asked her if she had read any books on marriage so she could start with new knowledge this time. She replied that they had been going out for 3 years, if there were going to be issues, they would have come up already. I just said that sometimes people change after marriage. She has already cut her sister out of her life because her sister had the audacity to say that she did not like the new man.

I cannot see why she is going after someone who is 10x worse than the ex. Why do some people chose parteners who are bad, over & over??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.