Talk About Marriage banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know I did not say "cheater". I was speaking about jobs in education and did not say cheater.

I did see my primary care dr. who is suspecting thryoid issues since my mood changed so quickly and I've lost 15 pounds in 12 weeks. I also have signs of hyperthryoidism. I'm actually praying for a bad thyroid because my mood is x10 worse than any time in my life and it happened overnight.

I am also now taking an antianxiety med, seeing GYN for hormone issues, and therapist.

I get that I'm insecure at this time. I see it. I admit it. I don't get the piling on. I am not happy that I am doing any of this and I DON"T like that I am doing it.
It really sounds like you struggle with anxiety and extreme insecurities. I would highly suggest to continue seeking medical treatment and see a counselor.... I am afraid this level of anxiety and insecurity is going to tear your marriage apart.

·
Premium Member
9,313 Posts
That guy at work who made that comment could be a back biter who secretly doesn't even like your husband very well and thought it would be funny to get dangerously close to the truth.

Because you have known anxiety problems and are working on them, I would just say chill out until you get those under control. If one anxiety med isn't working on you then just always keep the psychiatrist or psychologist informed so they can adjust the dose or the medicine. But if I were you I think I would just not take anything too seriously right now until you get that sorted. I don't think you're imagining that your husband may be up to something sometimes since it's not exactly a rare occurrence. But no sense driving yourself crazy until you know for sure you're thinking clearly.

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
That guy at work who made that comment could be a back biter who secretly doesn't even like your husband very well and thought it would be funny to get dangerously close to the truth.
I can see this happening very easily. Also, it could be his way of giving her a heads up.

And, why did her husband turn red and say nothing. Something's afoot.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
To answer some questions: I don't know why my husband didn't say anything. Couple possibilities are obvious one being it could have been a rip and off base, why answer it and keep the comments going. Another is that I was reading into it and they guy was ribbing my husband for being promoted and hobnobbing rather than sitting at a desk all day like he had for years. third is he's a cheat.

My dh spoke with my daughter ( who's not minor, had her own issue with anxiety and is doing great). She told me this 1:1 and said she knows it's my anxiety because she's been there herself. She said my dh talked to her and shared the love and concern he has for me, she "knew" he was genuine. With my anxiety, even I don't believe my husband would lie to my daughter.

I'm trying to remain logical and reasonable. Clear headed I admit I read into thinks and make them fit. I have issues with insecurity, but I do feel I crossed the line to crazy town with this. I'm still going to consider blatant things if they are there. But I'm also going to try very hard to let it go.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I can see this happening very easily. Also, it could be his way of giving her a heads up.

And, why did her husband turn red and say nothing. Something's afoot.
I don't know. When I was at my old job, one of bosses joked about me and some dude who worked in another department who I had worked with for a day, and said to me "Oh you and so and so like each other." I blushed because it made me extremely uncomfortable. There was no validity in it. Boss then said "Oh so and so blushed too when I said that to him." I muttered "perhaps that's because you made him uncomfortable too." Could be similar? Inappropriate comment that is off base but makes you super uncomfortable because it's inappropriate/over the line/unprofessional? I could see that happening.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts