Talk About Marriage banner

701 - 719 of 719 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
What is so funny, not to CH because he has lived this, is that it was so obvious that this was going to happen.

How many times has this happened, not always for sure, but when BF puts on the breaks and wifey thought they were so in love... I am just ROTFL...
The classic “monkey branching” to a dead branch! Lol.

Chicago deserves a chance at a committed relationship which honesty is in the front. Instead of the back. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Just to be clear, you divorced her because she exchanged pics and vids sneakily while professing her love for him and cutting you off and lying to you, right?
The pic at the amusement park was not her. He was far away enough to not meet up easily. Did you find any proof before this all went down of her having done more with him ?

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
My thoughts exactly, he dumped her or she realized it was not going to be long term. She has finally realized what she threw away and its not sitting well with her. Kind of makes me happy in away but concerned that it will get out of hand. We will see

Either way I am better off and happy
She is mental ill. Or just very very stupid.

Here's the even more crazy thing, if you had filed for divorce the next day you caught her she would probably been begging you then. It's all about wanting what you can't have. Love has nothing to do with it. It's all ego.

They all need to be treated like the zombies in the walking dead. Getting anywhere near them leaves you vulnerable to getting killed or worse becoming one of them.

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
The ferocity of my x fiance's pursuit of me has me shaking my head 25 years later. Never would I have imagined a well raised, mannered, professional, aspiring attorney
I know right, who would ever believe an aspiring lawyer would be a narcissistic sociopath? 😜

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just wanted to update everyone. As many of you had predicted it finally happened. I filed for divorce two week ago and the floodgates opened. Gifts being left at my door, numerous text, phone calls with messages saying she loves me and wants me back, misses Me. She is telling our friends she wants to get back together.

I have made up my mind and was ready for this thanks to you guys

staying strong
Did she finally meet your three requests? Did you ever go to the counselor you had set up?

·
Registered
757 Posts
What kind of a sick mind thinks 'gifts' are appropriate.

Much of what she said and did to you since D day has been abusive (disrespectful and just plain mean).
As I recall she (and her therapist) also blamed her inappropriate behavior with the OM on you.

Her behavior towards you before and after D day has been selfish, entitled,deceitful and lacking in empathy for you. More than enough to divorce.

It's likely the OM enjoyed dating a married woman (no strings or commitment). When you filed for divorce the OM quickly dumped her - and you're her plan B.

·
Registered
19,464 Posts
She most likely found out you are dating and she can't stand it.

Tell her you wouldn't mind just having a physical relationship with her, but that she would just be a FWB and that the divorce will continue. Tell her you will continue seeing your new GF, but that if she wants to be your occasional booty call, you'll give her a ring. LOL! See how she reacts to that.

·
Registered
419 Posts
She most likely found out you are dating and she can't stand it.

Tell her you wouldn't mind just having a physical relationship with her, but that she would just be a FWB and that the divorce will continue. Tell her you will continue seeing your new GF, but that if she wants to be your occasional booty call, you'll give her a ring. LOL! See how she reacts to that.
Pending the full panel of STD tests, of course.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Chicago: I have been there, too many times than I care to mention, when the wayward's fantasy world collapses. The other person is generally the impetus, but the breakup leads to a near immediate realization that the preceeding time period was spent in utter confusion and self deception. Then, you get the surprise visit, and a bit of bizarre behavior. Like I have recounted several times, I have had husbands, ask their ex out for coffee and lay out their return to the home. Some are rejected out of hand and some are welcomed back with open arms (although, I stipulate with my clients, there is no reconciliation until our legal eagles set up mutual agreements (post nup). If they are divorced, I recommend a two year cooling off period. Had one woman completely lose her mind when she came back to the home and children she abandoned not eight months earlier. She found another woman in her former bedroom. Her husband introduced her as his new girlfriend. ExWW demanded that the woman leave. Husband pointed out that she had signed off on the house when she divorced him. He also pointed out that she had been in a sexual relationship for these eight months. She maintained that she had a mental breakdown, and now she is healthy and WANTS HER LIFE BACK. She did not appreciate being marched out of her former home and told that her exH has no interest in ever having a relationship with her ever again. So, now we are dealing with another mental breakdown.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What type of “gifts”??????
That is just odd.

any other news Chicago?
How did you start seeing this new woman?

Hope all is well

·
Registered
142 Posts
Brother, hope all is going well.
Did you return the gifts?
Are things going your way?
Strength to you and respect ✊
One day at a time
Buffer

701 - 719 of 719 Posts