Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know we deserve a little extra something-something in our stockings this year.

So, now that you don't have to spend money on a present for the X, hopefully you're spending it on yourself. What are you using it for?

Mine's super secret, so I can't tell anyone. ;)

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Got myself two somethings. If she wants me to claim them as marital assets, then sure thing. She could use the money since she wont be getting anything else and I am such a swell guy.

Reactions: angelpixie

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am thinking a cheap new PC or a console and a Kindle Fire. Won't be getting them till Jan though.

Reactions: angelpixie

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had actually bought my wife a gift before she dropped the bomb. I got her a new piece of jewelry that she wanted ( she never knew I got it). I returned it and bought myself new clothes instead. I figure I have to look good for when I decide to start dating again. I also bought the kids a little something extra just because I could afford it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I actually contemplated giving a gift to my ex. I was going to take a picture of my puppies superimposed up close with the Xmas tree filling the background saying 'Merry Xmas Mommy"

But she is no longer their mommy. They live in a single family home now. I told them mommy got hit by a pizza delivery guy and fell into a open drain where the sewage overwhelmed her and dragged her out to sea where a shark ate her.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You could use that as a pun.
The X in Xmas and the Xmommy. Could be cute and vile at the same time.
(also I like the sewage shark story, lmao)

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I actually contemplated giving a gift to my ex. I was going to take a picture of my puppies superimposed up close with the Xmas tree filling the background saying 'Merry Xmas Mommy"

But she is no longer their mommy. They live in a single family home now. I told them mommy got hit by a pizza delivery guy and fell into a open drain where the sewage overwhelmed her and dragged her out to sea where a shark ate her.

:rofl:

So how did they take that tragic news?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I'm giving myself the best gift I can give myself period.

Regardless of what holiday or event it is.

It doesn't cost a cent.

It won't cause the ridiculous guilty feeling I used to get whenever I thought about treating myself to something.

I won't wake up the next morning stressing out about if I should have done it differently.

I will gift myself with the ability to accept happiness when it arrives at my doorstep.

Without questioning how small it may be, if the feeling will even last long at all or how exactly it will benefit me in the foreseeable future.

I will do my best to try and remain humble in my situations, allow myself to feel the feelings I do in times of strife but reassure myself every day that I will no longer let it get beyond the point of being unhealthy.

Doesn't matter how much money I have in my wallet.

Where I will call home in the years to come.

If I have my children or not.

A very simple promise to myself that doesn't rely on a single thing other than myself.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, Up, hon, I know you're working really hard on yourself, and it really shows. But have a little fun with it, sweetie.

I mean, really? Nothing special just for you under the tree this year? (Actually...I suppose the tree will be down by then...) ;)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Oh, Up, hon, I know you're working really hard on yourself, and it really shows. But have a little fun with it, sweetie.

I mean, really? Nothing special just for you under the tree this year? (Actually...I suppose the tree will be down by then...) ;)
The foundation in which I base my life on doesn't mean there isn't a personality attached to it.

;)

Would be asinine for me to state that objects and merchandise of certain varieties aren't nice to have and don't give me enjoyment from time to time.

But with that being said, I would rather spend my money on going out with friends and enjoying myself than on a newer version of lets say, an iPad.

In all honesty, I doubt anyone would believe me if I came up to them in person and said I was UpnOver.

Well, at least everyone but one person.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.