Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I'm not depressed, but I have 2 major health issues. One is permanent and the other maybe as well. I feel like I'm falling apart and I'm not even 40 yet.:/ I am physically disabled and housebound. There are my bad days where I can't get out of bed, the pain is unbearable, mostly from pushing myself too hard physically. I do often feel like I've failed my family.

I often wonder how much I'm bringing my husband down due to my injury. He says I'm not and he is always here supporting me every step of the way. There is nothing that can compare to his support. I do all I can to meet his needs and fulfill him in every way possible . I do have my bad days, as anyone would that lives in constant severe pain. I try to keep those bad days to myself and hidden. I take up on hobbies that are inside my home to keep me going daily. I do my best to pull my weight around here, but my husband does do more then I. I wasn't always like this, it's been over 4 years now since my major neck injury. Now I have kidney issues. Both very painful.

I tell my husband frequently how much I appreciate everything he does. Maybe I over do this? I worry I'm not doing enough around here, but my husband says not to worry. There are not enough words or actions I can do to thank my husband for all he does for our family. My husband is a very hard working man. He is so kind and patient. One thing is, there is no anger or hostility in this house. It's quite peaceful actually. The kids are best of friends and are very well behaved.

My husband has stuck with me through my health issues. I can't imagine how many people would. Even my doctor I see for the pain says I'm very lucky. I can bet you, if I get depressed, my husband would drag my butt into the doctor himself. He's a great advocate for my health. I do my best to stay fit and healthy also, I need to stay mobile as possible. I'm very lucky not to be in a full time wheelchair.

My husband and I are very close. We have a great emotional and physical connection, he will find me and we spend at least an hour a day together without interruption. Even it's to watch a tv show, talk, wind down, other things, ect... We still hold hands and kiss daily. He is my best friend as well as my spouse. I never thought in my life I'd be so dependent on someone else. I do not ever take him or anything for granted. I'm one very lucky wife! I really try not to worry. By my husband actions and words, he says he's not going anywhere.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.